The Dundee United Thread 22/23

Macron have produced some of the best kits we've had in years and years. Anyways.

The 12-18 month rebuild bit did make me chuckle. You know so that Goodwin has time to get his own players in?!

What are the fcuking odds that Goodwin is still here in 18 months?

In the last ten years we've had two managers that have lasted that long - McNamara and Neilson. The other seven averaging around a year each.

What a shambles.

16 hours ago, skinny arab said:

Dunne and Tait from you lot and maybe Kennedy from Aberdeen?

Think Dunne would be an excellent signing in the championship, to be honest, I thought he would have gone down south or even to someone like Hibs. He's definitely looking for a last payday so imagine he would not be cheap. Tait is harder to tell as he's 33 now and spent most of last season injured. Was always decent when fit though, solid and reliable and good for a goal or two most seasons.

1 hour ago, 101 said:

Cutting the squad to 35 still seems massive for the second tier, unless you have about 10 kids from the academy in the "squad"

Cutting the playing staff, not the squad. That includes all the young guys on full time contracts.

19 hours ago, Alan_G said:

This is the strangest bit - kit supplier being biggest in club history. Having previously had Adidas and Nike, who does that leave?

Probably wasn't Nike. We had some mob in the Calderwood days that provided Nike strips for us.

2 hours ago, GAD said:

Think Dunne would be an excellent signing in the championship, to be honest, I thought he would have gone down south or even to someone like Hibs. He's definitely looking for a last payday so imagine he would not be cheap. Tait is harder to tell as he's 33 now and spent most of last season injured. Was always decent when fit though, solid and reliable and good for a goal or two most seasons.

I could confidently say that any defender who has been a regular in the Prem would immediately improve our team beyond recognition.

Now just need to sort out goalkeepers, full backs, centre mids, wingers and strikers...

(and coaches, and recruitment, and the pies, etc...)

On 31/05/2023 at 08:25, Pull My Strings said:

This seems like a very bad idea. There was a point when Eriksson seemed to be an even worse keeper than Birighitti (if such a thing is possible). Whether one is marginally better than the other is almost irrelevant: even to be in that conversation should be enough to see both of them leave immediately. I think they'll both go and my preference would be for all three to go.

Personally, Infelt that he tried to do far too much as it looked like he had absolutely no faith that the defenders.in front of him could clear cross ballls or indeed defend properly and leave him to be a goalkeeper. While that may have been a vicious circle, by the time he came into the starting lineup our defence was as strong as wet toilet paper and as reliable as an MOT failure, with aa massive oil leak, barely working starter motor and a siezed piston!

Looks like the Errea rumours are true. Do a search online for Dundee United Errea and one of the images it pulls up is this which links to Errea website. Doesn't link to anything United related yet, but must be in readiness for official announcement.

Screenshot_2023-06-04-13-00-20-468-edit_org.mozilla.firefox.jpg

1 minute ago, SweeperDee said:

Here, fair fucks sticking with Cammy Kerr, that’s a right belly tickler.

FTFY

Just popping in to say bye before the thread gets moved.

Enjoy the Championship it’ll be a unique experience you’ll probably win it with no hassle like we did. It’s really easy though so for a big club like Utd are I’m sure you will be straight back up. 

On 01/06/2023 at 22:25, mishtergrolsch said:

It's pretty poor imo.

I was expecting Goodwin to have a photoshoot with 15 new players. All to have big cheesy grins while holding scarves above their heads, all primed and ready for the new season. I mean, he's had days since he was given the gig permanently, he could have had all that wrapped up by now.

Goodwin out.

Especially the defence...

32 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Enjoy the Championship it’ll be a unique experience you’ll probably win it with no hassle like we did. It’s really easy though so for a big club like Utd are I’m sure you will be straight back up. 

With a little luck, a goalkeeper with hands and defenders with brains we might just have a chance.

2 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Comfortably? You got promoted thanks to a late goal against part time Arbroath.