The Dundee United Thread 22/23

6 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

I must have missed the games where Niskanen played as a winger and was good instead of punting the ball off the park and missing sitters.

If there was no ball involved in the game he'd be fantastic 

11 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

It's pretty poor imo.

I was expecting Goodwin to have a photoshoot with 15 new players. All to have big cheesy grins while holding scarves above their heads, all primed and ready for the new season. I mean, he's had days since he was given the gig permanently, he could have had all that wrapped up by now.

Goodwin out.

Sigh.

Poor post this

8 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

I must have missed the games where Niskanen played as a winger and was good instead of punting the ball off the park and missing sitters.

^  ^

Slept through the 2-1 away win at Motherwell. That's about the only time tbf which isn't great for two season's worth.

11 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

You can't keep everyone who might have "something" to offer but I'd be happy enough with Niskanen staying. He's been better played further forward in his natural position and is versatile enough to fill in as required elsewhere. He's also a genuinely good guy, I think, with a great work and team ethic. That must be worth something even if he's not the best technical player in the world. 

Reminds me a bit of Paul McMullan in terms of workrate and lack of ability.

For all the grief McMullan got, he actually had far more end product than Niskanen.

But like most others, he's far from the top of my 'get out' list.

I'm pretty sure Niskanen will be on tuppence ha' penny so whatever, but just sick of doing it 1 in 20 games, needing a run of games and there being "a player in there" being good enough for the club.

See Pawlett, McMullen, Appere, Fraser, Fyvie, Stanton and just about every other player who should be getting assists in the past 7 years.

Even when we had Shankland he was digging out half his opportunities for himself

3 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

Interesting stuff from the supporters Fed

20230602_133958.jpg

This is the strangest bit - kit supplier being biggest in club history. Having previously had Adidas and Nike, who does that leave?

Just now, Alan_G said:

This is the strangest bit - kit supplier being biggest in club history. Having previously had Adidas and Nike, who does that leave?

Errea, but it could mean they are giving the club more money with a totally bespoke kit for the deal.

Apparently it's mainly tangerine with black trim and quite plain regardless 

4 players the manager has personal knowledge of? Sounds more likely to be ex St Mirren players than Aberdeen. With Shaughnessy going to Dundee I genuinely can't think who though.

1 hour ago, ArabianKnight said:

Anyone got any info on what's happening with the academy lads? Apparently loads have been let go, can't understand why as quite a few seemed promising.

According to the meeting culled not closed down manager wants a tighter playing pool this season coming so will be cuts 

Edited by GFARAB82

1 hour ago, GAD said:

4 players the manager has personal knowledge of? Sounds more likely to be ex St Mirren players than Aberdeen. With Shaughnessy going to Dundee I genuinely can't think who though.

Anthony Stewart is one. You heard it here first. 

I am not one for wearing football shirts but might have been nice to ask supporters to vote on which strip they liked best which in turn might improve sales. 

As long as it does not have "brown" sleeves like we did a few of seasons back...💩

2 hours ago, GAD said:

Dunne and Tait from you lot and maybe Kennedy from Aberdeen?

25 minutes ago, skinny arab said:

Dunne and Tait from you lot and maybe Kennedy from Aberdeen?

I have seen a rumour going around that suggested Dunne was either close to or had signed today.

Of course I am taking that with caution.