The Dundee United Thread 22/23

21 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

The comments about Goodwin being a decent manager - what is that based on exactly?

He's been kept on because United are going to be in the Championship. Anything other than the title next season for them would be pretty galling and Goodwin will be under pressure by October/November if they're not top of the league.

As soon as he sorts out the defence, everything will be hunky dory...

I assume a lot of the players you brought in last summer are on 2 year deals.

I wonder if any sort of relegation wage % reductions are just automatically built into player contracts by all clubs or if some clubs do and some don’t.

7 hours ago, Raidernation said:

Goodwin claimed the defense would be easy to sort and then made it worse………

I’d be concerned 

You've been in Yankee land too long...

4 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

I assume a lot of the players you brought in last summer are on 2 year deals.

I wonder if any sort of relegation wage % reductions are just automatically built into player contracts by all clubs or if some clubs do and some don’t.

We were spunking out 6 figure sums for the likes of Levitt and Birighitti last summer. There's not a chance anyone at United was even considering the possibility of relegation, nevermind planning responsibly for that worst-case scenario.

3 minutes ago, captainkev said:

We were spunking out 6 figure sums for the likes of Levitt and Birighitti last summer. There's not a chance anyone at United was even considering the possibility of relegation, nevermind planning responsibly for that worst-case scenario.

Sounds like an absolute disaster.

3 minutes ago, captainkev said:

I must admit, it is fucking hilarious that the amount you spent on Levitt was seen as an absolute bargain, he went off to the Euro's and that would turn his value tenfold only for you to now be looking at making a loss on him.

Never change, Dundee United.

1 minute ago, Derry Alli said:

I must admit, it is fucking hilarious that the amount you spent on Levitt was seen as an absolute bargain, he went off to the Euro's and that would turn his value tenfold only for you to now be looking at making a loss on him.

Never change, Dundee United.

Actually, I think you'll find he went to the World Cup.

Everything other than that is accurate though.