The Dundee United Thread 22/23

On getting the gig full time Goodwin has said he plans on addressing the weaknesses, well there’s plenty of them. Recruitment is going to be absolutely vital and here’s hoping the glaring deficiencies in our team are addressed. Seen a few Aberdeen fans having a pop at some of the signings under Goodwin but he also saw Duk, Clarkson and Miovski (I think) come in however I’m not sure how much say he actually had at Aberdeen with regards to recruitment. Been ok with Goodwin up until the last game against Killie where he got it wrong for me, needs to ditch the back 3 and although Freeman has been poor our 3 game winning run was with him in the team with Niskanen in front helping out. 

6 minutes ago, skinny arab said:

On getting the gig full time Goodwin has said he plans on addressing the weaknesses, well there’s plenty of them. Recruitment is going to be absolutely vital and here’s hoping the glaring deficiencies in our team are addressed. Seen a few Aberdeen fans having a pop at some of the signings under Goodwin but he also saw Duk, Clarkson and Miovski (I think) come in however I’m not sure how much say he actually had at Aberdeen with regards to recruitment. Been ok with Goodwin up until the last game against Killie where he got it wrong for me, needs to ditch the back 3 and although Freeman has been poor our 3 game winning run was with him in the team with Niskanen in front helping out. 

The only two players that were 100% on Goodwin were Stewart & Scales

Stewart was made captain, was horrendous & the first thing Robson did was punt him 😆

Goodwin is a fraud.

Talks a good game. 
Shite manager 

Edited by Thenorthernlight

1 hour ago, Pull My Strings said:

Are you familiar with the Dunning Kruger effect, Boredom?

Aye, but im not saying running a football club is easy, just that Ogren has half a decade at United behind him and its quite clear hes not suited to making footballing decisions based on whats come before. 

For all the talk of recruitment, going forward will we be able to judge Goodwin on it, because I’ve never been entirely sure who makes the decisions. 

ie Nicky Clark getting punted to St Johnstone when there was no manager. Or Birighitti. Anyone really believe this Aussie keeper was on Jack Ross’ radar?

I can only assume it was Fat Tony who made these decisions, but he’s not here anymore (apparently).

So who now? Luigi?

10 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

For all the talk of recruitment, going forward will we be able to judge Goodwin on it, because I’ve never been entirely sure who makes the decisions. 

ie Nicky Clark getting punted to St Johnstone when there was no manager. Or Birighitti. Anyone really believe this Aussie keeper was on Jack Ross’ radar?

I can only assume it was Fat Tony who made these decisions, but he’s not here anymore (apparently).

So who now? Luigi?

I believe Goodwin’s title is “manager” whereas when Fat Tony was in position Courts et al were “head coaches”. That maybe suggests Goodwin will have a bit more say over transfers. 

39 minutes ago, Junior_Arab said:

I believe Goodwin’s title is “manager” whereas when Fat Tony was in position Courts et al were “head coaches”. That maybe suggests Goodwin will have a bit more say over transfers. 

“Suggests”