The Dundee United Thread 22/23

1 minute ago, Tannadeechee said:

You feeling alright? First sensible thing I've read from you on a United thread!!

Totally agree with you Mulgrew,  Clark, Smith and Watt were the ringleaders and all should have been binned. But that would have meant replacing them not just vetting shot leaving us short as happened with Clark and Watt.

Thank you.

32 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

I don't honestly believe any of these kids are good enough. Chalmers is 23 and at his level so may as well be kept about as a squad option.

The only one from those out of contact I'd keep would be McGrath, but he won't want to stay anyway.

Mulgrew has to go. I'd be releasing half the players with a year left.

Hell of a rebuild.

Forgot all about Mr Anthony Watt. f**k only knows what happens with that one.

2 hours ago, Gibby82 said:

Forgot all about Mr Anthony Watt. f**k only knows what happens with that one.

He'd be a good player at that level. Whether the next* manager would want him or whether he'd even come back is another matter.

* If there is a 'next' manager.

Edited by ArabFC

56 minutes ago, Junior_Arab said:

£200k off Hearts/Hibs/Aberdeen who will get £3million for him in 12 months time. 

Levitt has the potential to be a £3m+ player but he's very hit-and-miss and that's when he's available -he doesn't half pick up a lot of knocks for a young guy.

Can't imagine many clubs knocking down the door for him just now.

2 hours ago, ArabFC said:

I don't honestly believe any of these kids are good enough. Chalmers is 23 and at his level so may as well be kept about as a squad option.

The only one from those out of contact I'd keep would be McGrath, but he won't want to stay anyway.

Hell of a rebuild.

Chalmers, on the evidence I seen, will be absolutely fine for the championship. Big part of us turning to shit was him going to Tranmere.

41 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Levitt has the potential to be a £3m+ player but he's very hit-and-miss and that's when he's available -he doesn't half pick up a lot of knocks for a young guy.

Can't imagine many clubs knocking down the door for him just now.

I’d be happy to see him at Pittodrie.

5 hours ago, ArabFC said:

Hell of a rebuild.

McGrath isn't out of contract, he is a Wigan player still, he's just on loan. To me he has been as bad a signing as anyone. Other than penalties and a goal the other week what dooes he actually bring to the team? He is just as soft in midfield as the rest of them.

A lot of players this season have their reputations shot something really rotten behined the scenes with the playing squad.