The Dundee United Thread 22/23

11 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

I don't know what I ever done to offend you.

But I'm quite glad it clearly eats you up on the daily.

😂

I don't know what you think you read, but I was agreeing with you.

18 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

😂

I don't know what you think you read, but I was agreeing with you.

It reads heavily set in snark which is your usual response to anything I say and given you named me it's not a hard jump.

"But then other times I sit here and think, does ArabianKnight have a better understanding of the clubs needs than those running the club?"

Looks fairly snarky to me.

59 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

The 'Managers Message' that the club have put out there is top tier content imo. Cant imagine that diddy Fox ever being able to motivate the players and fans like that 

I liked it, I must say. Like you say, imagine Liam Fox doing that...

Two weeks ago we were looking at County beating St. Johnstone and going 5 points clear; resigning ourselves to being doomed. Now we're out the relegation spots and closer to 9th than 12th, we've got a 3rd win on the bounce and a clean sheet against a team who have often had our number in the past few years.

The job's far from done but at least we're going into the split with some momentum. What a fucking difference Goodwin has made.

12 minutes ago, captainkev said:

Two weeks ago we were looking at County beating St. Johnstone and going 5 points clear; resigning ourselves to being doomed. Now we're out the relegation spots and closer to 9th than 12th, we've got a 3rd win on the bounce and a clean sheet against a team who have often had our number in the past few years.

The job's far from done but at least we're going into the split with some momentum. What a fucking difference Goodwin has made.

Aye, just to be where we are is fantastic considering where we were. Just waiting for the fixture computer to screw us over by sending us to Rugby Park for a third time this season. 

On 22/04/2023 at 17:11, captainkev said:

What a fucking difference Goodwin has made.

Can't be denied.

Elsewhere on the forum someone described him as a miracle worker - I'd suggest he's simply getting the players to produce results they're capable of.

I'm currently watching AZ Alkmaar en route to winning the UEFA Youth Final (having pumped Real Madrid and Barcelona in previous rounds) and thoughts obviously revert to those two games.

We beat the team that has made it to the semi-finals and are chasing down Ajax and PSV in the Eredivisie - not by fluke but with one of the best Dundee United performances in recent years.

Then the reverse happened, the players lost all confidence, imploded, couldn't be saved by Ross and were then handed to a guy completely incapable of managing at this level.

That's not withholding credit from Jim. He's taken big decisions like dropping the captain and changing the shape, but the fact a squad with the players we have was ever in this position is ridiculous. 

18 hours ago, ArabFC said:

Can't be denied.

Elsewhere on the forum someone described him as a miracle worker - I'd suggest he's simply getting the players to produce results they're capable of.

--------------

That's not withholding credit from Jim. He's taken big decisions like dropping the captain and changing the shape, but the fact a squad with the players we have was ever in this position is ridiculous. 

That's very generous from you, considering just last month you wrote "I hope we lose" prior to Jim Goodwin's first game in charge.