The Dundee United Thread 22/23

On 23/03/2023 at 06:44, RandomGuy. said:

2 European top flight league titles, Champions League appearances (including games v Barca and Ajax), and multiple International caps.

Not too bad.

Remember when we signed a French internationalist who won the Champions League?

Florent Sinama Pongolle.

9 hours ago, ArabFC said:

Remember when we signed a French internationalist who won the Champions League?

Florent Sinama Pongolle.

Tony Watt didn't just play against Barcelona in the Champions League, he scored a winning goal. That went well.

2 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Tony Watt didn't just play against Barcelona in the Champions League, he scored a winning goal. That went well.

The hill I’ll die on. Tony Watt was a good player for us.

5 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

When did he win the Champions League?

He scored a goal during Liverpool's successful campaign of 2005, but I don't think he won a medal, not being part of the squad for the final. Therefore, he didn't win the Champions League. He also played as a substitute for 20 minutes in a friendly for France.

To be fair to Fox, he's got a good rep as a coach. Just a pity Asghar appointed him to a position that was way too much for him - the cheap option that has not only fucked our season but probably the next few in the process.

Thanks again, Tony.

Useless arse.

7 minutes ago, captainkev said:

I expect Ross will have a much easier time of it working at Newcastle's youth academy. At least the players he'll be dealing with there will likely be much more mature than the likes of Tony Watt. 

Is he not coaching the coaches rather than the players or have I read it wrongly?

1 minute ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Is he not coaching the coaches rather than the players or have I read it wrongly?

Tbh, I didn't actually read beyond the headline about Ross' new gig, but I don't feel like my ignorance should stand in the way of a thoroughly mediocre cheap-shot.

Tbf it backs up Ross' comments that he isnt interested in being a manager again and wants to oversee football departments instead.

This season will forever be referred to as the Birighitti season. 
Hard to say who is most responsible for our inevitable relegation between Asghar and Birighitti, although given Asghar was responsible for bringing in the keeper he may just edge it. 

Just now, skinny arab said:

This season will forever be referred to as the Birighitti season. 
Hard to say who is most responsible for our inevitable relegation between Asghar and Birighitti, although given Asghar was responsible for bringing in the keeper he may just edge it. 

Yup, maybe MB works hard and tries his best but he has found himself at a level he's nowhere near good enough for unfortunately. Not sure if he had a freak standout season or something last year, but his old team's fans seemed gutted he left so who knows. 

The most amazing thing is that somehow he's still apparently the best keeper at the club. An absolute horror show of mismanagement to end up in this situation.