The Dundee United Thread 22/23

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

I would add the mega bucks contracts to top knot has-beens

Seen this post as a preview and genuinely thought you were having a go at your own club for signing Cillian Sheridan 😂

22 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Sheridan never was. Can't be a has been.

2 European top flight league titles, Champions League appearances (including games v Barca and Ajax), and multiple International caps.

Not too bad.

27 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Djimi Traire won the Champions League. Let's not make out he was a good player either.

I'm startled you've tried to place Sheridan and Fletcher in the same category tbh.

I was just joking, tbh. Considering going down the route of "played regularly in the top flight for one of the decades most successful clubs in Scotland" but felt it might be to much on the nose.

10 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Seen this post as a preview and genuinely thought you were having a go at your own club for signing Cillian Sheridan 😂

Was wondering who would pick this up, school boy error on my part, in fairness nobodies seen Gillian for months, and I'd totally forgot about him.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Tranmere sack Micky Mellon then go and sign Flo Hoti.

tumblr_mblappprct1rqg00io7_r1_500.gif.fadeaecafd0a4170799483d3f39294f6.gif

The Tranmere recruitment team must be as bad as Asghar and Co.

Flo Hoti is an international baller who's meteoric rise to the premier League will not be hindered by awful loan spells at Forfar and an appalling time at Arbroath!

1 hour ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

I've been in Wroclaw this past week. Lovely city, I'm sure some folk from here would have visited when we played Slask Wroclaw in 2011. Anyway, was browsing through their current squad, and found this guy *shudders*

https://slaskwroclaw.pl/strona/druzyna/michal-szromnik-836-358

Jesus Christ. How do players like him, Hoti etc get gigs at clubs the size they are at?

Must have an amazing agent.

4 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Jesus Christ. How do players like him, Hoti etc get gigs at clubs the size they are at?

Must have an amazing agent.

Is he not doing well? I remember the shock in Poland that he had joined United, they felt he would have gone to a bigger club than us. Was very highly regarded in Poland. Much like now there was something very wrong at the club. I enclude the goalkeeping coach who ruined the ones at the club and has managed to turn 2 goalkeepers we currently have into absolute no hopers.

Should never have allowed Steve Banks to leave

4 hours ago, Tannadeechee said:

Is he not doing well? I remember the shock in Poland that he had joined United, they felt he would have gone to a bigger club than us. Was very highly regarded in Poland. Much like now there was something very wrong at the club. I enclude the goalkeeping coach who ruined the ones at the club and has managed to turn 2 goalkeepers we currently have into absolute no hopers.

Should never have allowed Steve Banks to leave

Agree regarding how United can be a terrible entry on good players' CVs. 

Allowing players or coaches 'to leave' can be a more complex issue though. I'm still seeing folk posting about United letting Trevor Carson to leave, but that's without thinking about the background and what happened during his time at the club.

57 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

I don't know much about coaching goalkeepers, but it's one hell of a coincidence that the spells during which our current goalkeeping coach has been at the club have coincided with us having fucking useless goalkeepers.

The Hinchliffe thing is quite weird because his time with us coincided with Carson and Gillespie being very good while Kelly has gone off a cliff since he left and Alexander came in as his replacement.

53 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Wouldn't be adverse to seeing Rankin in our dugout. A bit of a marmite player but always gave his all.

I liked Rankin and would be useful to have a player like that now. Sibbald is maybe the most similar I guess, just nowhere near as good. Or as physically fit.

Don't know what he's like as a manager but maybe one day we'll see him, Daly and Dillon in the dugout one day!