The Dundee United Thread 22/23

Just now, ArabianKnight said:

Levitt out until end of the season apparently 😬

Gone from "guaranteed to be away after one season" to looking forward to getting a game in the (Scottish) Championship.

I suppose we have to be glad with the draw on the balance tonight, not least due to benefitting from some fairly lenient refereeing towards Freeman and Ayina. Overall, tonight wasn't even close to good enough to inspire any real hope that the improvement we need to get put of this mess is on the horizon.

Our keeper helped flog another goal and Livi should have killed that game off by half time. Meanwhile, we continue to mine new depths of minterdom this season by missing our only sniff at goal from a yard out. What's particularly grim as far as I'm concerned is that even after the equaliser we were still on the backfoot for most of the remainder of the game.

Still, we can look forward to seeing Edwards back in the team sooner rather than later. Ayina has clearly refused to learn about hurling into reckless and stupid tackles and it's only a matter of time before he's sent off again.

Hope everyone makes it home safe - quite heavy snowfall almost as soon as you leave Livingston.

Think Sadat done us a favour missing that one just before half time. Had he scored he'd have remained on the pitch despite being entirely ineffectual for 45 minutes.

Goodwin probably should have subbed Freeman earlier than he did, but on the whole pass marks to the new manager tonight.

That's twice now we've made former Harringey Borough, Concord Rangers and Aldershot man Joel Nouble look like a world beater.

A bit of fight in that second half and, as has been said, some in game management. Halcyon days. Still think we’re irrevocably fucked right enough. Individual errors will continue to haunt us and we were fortunate to get away with a few last night.

A point away to Livi is, in itself, not a bad result.  The fact that it was under a new manager still assessing his squad who seem devoid of confidence is a definite plus.  Goodwin deserves credit for dropping Edwards and for making the changes last night when he made them.

I’d play Smith ahead of Freeman on Saturday and have Graham in for Ayina.

Avoiding relegation is still a big ask but I think that had we ditched Fox and Fat Tony a couple of months ago we would be in a far better place.

2 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Bill Hamid doing an awful lot of time in Dundee for someone not signing 🤔

Has that been confirmed or just speculation? Even if it takes him two or three weeks to get up to speed it's surely still worth bringing him for the post split fixtures.

15 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Bill Hamid doing an awful lot of time in Dundee for someone not signing 🤔

🤔 indeed, was rumoured to have been ditched on medical grounds. To be honest even if he is currently in a full body cast he would probably still be an upgrade on what we currently have.

Even had we punted Fox a few weeks earlier it may have given us a much better chance of staying up.

But we didn't so we most likely won't.

And Tony walks away without reprimand for such poor performance in a role that he should never have been in in the first place (imo). Useless pr*ck.

I mean, I guess him being gone is the main thing - the ideal scenario now is we scrape 10th and the rebuild starts by removing all links to Revolution Sports or whatever they're called.

Maybe we'll approach Levein again in the summer as DOF? Dare I say even if we were in the Fundesliga it would be something he'd be interested in?

In terms of the 'Murican goalie...just sign him. He genuinely can't be worse than Birighitti. If he somehow is then we're fucked anyway.

On 08/03/2023 at 22:47, Steven W said:

Hope everyone makes it home safe - quite heavy snowfall almost as soon as you leave Livingston.

Think Sadat done us a favour missing that one just before half time. Had he scored he'd have remained on the pitch despite being entirely ineffectual for 45 minutes.

Goodwin probably should have subbed Freeman earlier than he did, but on the whole pass marks to the new manager tonight.

That's twice now we've made former Harringey Borough, Concord Rangers and Aldershot man Joel Nouble look like a world beater.

So have Sevco, scored and tore them to shreds in the first game and they took turns kicking him and getting booked, 2nd game he scored against them again and helped earned us a point at Ibrox. Big man is a handful for most teams we've played.