The Dundee United Thread 22/23

Pretty sure Tony will be fine, think the NCP down the TKMaxx are looking for security.

But seriously wtf man, how did Tony ever get that job in the first place? Top blagger. First job out of college, nuts. Someone said 350k p/a too, thats £1.75m of Ogrens loans accounted for, what an absolute minter.

7 minutes ago, DUFC_ said:

Pretty sure Tony will be fine, think the NCP down the TKMaxx are looking for security.

But seriously wtf man, how did Tony ever get that job in the first place? Top blagger. First job out of college, nuts. Someone said 350k p/a too, thats £1.75m of Ogrens loans accounted for, what an absolute minter.

Not sure that's entirely fair.

Tony is gone and I'm over the moon. Whatever he was paid was probably above the going rate for whatever it was he did which seemed to involve having a horrendous eye for a manager and players. Especially for a lad who has a worldwide book of contacts. Allegedly.

I'm hoping we can convince Levein to come back in some capacity because he's the last bloke we had who had an idea of how to run the football side of the club. I'm not suggesting he's going to lay the same groundwork he did last time or even keep us up but it'll just be a relief to have someone with football experience that doesn't come out with absolute shite constantly.

From a fan's point of view, with no inside knowledge at all, I get the impression the infrastructure is in a better place than when Levein came in previously. It's certainly in a better place than when ST sold up. The Ogrens/Asghar are due some credit for that.

Clearly, it's on the park we are a shambles. It wasn't obvious initially due to almost imperceptible improvements under Neilson, Mellon, and Courts but the stucture implemented by TA has failed. I suspect that's down to personalities rather than organisation. TA has taken a lot of the heat but now Scott Ogren's influence has emerged as a factor too. The above managers all left and we don't really know why. All were getting results (if not performances). 

It's no wonder certain players felt they could have influence if they felt the Head Coach wasn't in full control. 

The most important part of United's most recent statement is this - "a revamped structure within the Football Department."

Hopefully this means experienced football people running things and all parties crystal clear on who is boss.

1 hour ago, Big Shedboy said:

From a fan's point of view, with no inside knowledge at all, I get the impression the infrastructure is in a better place than when Levein came in previously. It's certainly in a better place than when ST sold up. The Ogrens/Asghar are due some credit for that.

Clearly, it's on the park we are a shambles. It wasn't obvious initially due to almost imperceptible improvements under Neilson, Mellon, and Courts but the stucture implemented by TA has failed. I suspect that's down to personalities rather than organisation. TA has taken a lot of the heat but now Scott Ogren's influence has emerged as a factor too. The above managers all left and we don't really know why. All were getting results (if not performances). 

It's no wonder certain players felt they could have influence if they felt the Head Coach wasn't in full control. 

The most important part of United's most recent statement is this - "a revamped structure within the Football Department."

Hopefully this means experienced football people running things and all parties crystal clear on who is boss.

I've seen a few remarks re Scott Ogren but I've no idea what the story is. What's the word on the street?

7 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

I've seen a few remarks re Scott Ogren but I've no idea what the story is. What's the word on the street?

I can only rehash what I've read on forums so it could be complete BS but it sounds as though he's been a self-styled football expert and has been sticking his nose in where it wasn't wanted. 

1 hour ago, Big Shedboy said:

I can only rehash what I've read on forums so it could be complete BS but it sounds as though he's been a self-styled football expert and has been sticking his nose in where it wasn't wanted. 

His daddy bought him a fitba team to play with - what else would you expect?

6 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

This shambolic sort of appointment would never have happened under the tenure of Tony Asghar. Justice for the 'Fat One'

Is it worse to have someone in charge who thinks they know what they are doing or someone that has no idea what they are doing?

So, Goodwin failed at Aberdeen taking them through the worst Scottish Cup shock in history and oversaw some heavy defeats.  A month or so later, Dundee United board believe he is the man to rescue their season.  On what level does this make any sense - surely United fans can't be happy with this appointment.

Edited by mcjameos

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

Let’s get the fans back onside.

Sack Fox - good

Sack Fat Tony - even better

Appoint a guy who is fucking detested by the fans and whose previous team had the only defensive record worse than ours - not sure you’ve thought this through, lads…

I'd totally forgot about that elbow incident from around 2012 or 13 when we thumped the best United team since the 80's 4-1. It was 10 years ago, I thought you'd be over it by now?

On the plus side, he knows how to get the best out of McGrath.