The Dundee United Thread 22/23

What I'd like to see happen: Ogren sacks Ashgar and brings Sir Craig back as DoF, and interim manager to the summer. 

What will probably happen: Four chins sacks Fox and lets Crawford take over until he can identify which junior team's kitman will do what he tells him.

Watching the highlights again just reinforced a few things we've all been saying for a while

1) Mulgrew is finished. In fact, he's way beyond finished. We should do everything in our power to get him out of the club this week

2) Edwards is not a captain. The guy has the heart of a mouse and when the chips are down, he - as he has done many times this season - is the first to chuck it.

3) Even if points 1 and 2 weren't true, you still couldn't play those two together because of their lack of pace and the lack of protection in front of them.

So you see a lot of comments that people feel sorry for Fox because he's out of his depth and the players aren't trying. I don't feel sorry for him because I - an 'uneducated fan' if we're holding Fox to some standard of what qualifies someone to be a football manager at United - can clearly see that as a problem, as I'm sure everyone else can as well.

He could have gone with literally any other combination of our centre backs and it would have done better than Mulgrew and Edwards, but he didn't spot it. Shame on him for failing to spot something so obvious.

He's not gone yet, but you've got to believe that he must be away today or likely tomorrow.

Are we relegated? No, not yet, but we 100% will be unless we make that change.

Who comes in? Genuinely almost anyone would do a better job. People slate Yogi Hughes at every opportunity, but he'd get more out of this lot than Fox. But then so would anyone outside of the currently coaching staff.

20 minutes ago, SGMilne said:

Watching the highlights again just reinforced a few things we've all been saying for a while

1) Mulgrew is finished. In fact, he's way beyond finished. We should do everything in our power to get him out of the club this week

2) Edwards is not a captain. The guy has the heart of a mouse and when the chips are down, he - as he has done many times this season - is the first to chuck it.

3) Even if points 1 and 2 weren't true, you still couldn't play those two together because of their lack of pace and the lack of protection in front of them.

So you see a lot of comments that people feel sorry for Fox because he's out of his depth and the players aren't trying. I don't feel sorry for him because I - an 'uneducated fan' if we're holding Fox to some standard of what qualifies someone to be a football manager at United - can clearly see that as a problem, as I'm sure everyone else can as well.

He could have gone with literally any other combination of our centre backs and it would have done better than Mulgrew and Edwards, but he didn't spot it. Shame on him for failing to spot something so obvious.

He's not gone yet, but you've got to believe that he must be away today or likely tomorrow.

Are we relegated? No, not yet, but we 100% will be unless we make that change.

Who comes in? Genuinely almost anyone would do a better job. People slate Yogi Hughes at every opportunity, but he'd get more out of this lot than Fox. But then so would anyone outside of the currently coaching staff.

John Hughes is, by all accounts, a thoroughly good bloke.  He’ll lighten the mood, if nothing else. But he’s not going to drop Charlie Mulgrew; he relies more on veterans if anything. 

But watching the highlights again this morning, both your centre halves need chucked. White made them both look like idiots for the second and third goals. 

1 hour ago, chips said:

Screenshot_20230226_085431_Chrome.jpg

Betting right now this never happened. 

1 hour ago, AlanPartridge said:

😂 Is that a grown man?

53 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Looking at his timeline, it’s hard to tell.  It appears he’s pushing 40 though. 

He's about 33.