The Dundee United Thread 22/23

10 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Suppose you're right. You guys were organised and had the buckets out and tablet for sale early doors second time round.

No need for that as we don't have that much external debt so. So no need for admin.

We will be straight to liquidation when Ogren gets his directors loans back.

13 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

No need for that as we don't have that much external debt so. So no need for admin.

We will be straight to liquidation when Ogren gets his directors loans back.

Unless these are secured loans then he will have a hard time getting his money out that way.

Are we going to get an explanation of the mechanics involved in a liquidation which would yield a higher return for Ogren than simply selling the club as going concern?

I can see a short term rationale for a fire sale of players if he’s desperate to get an early return on his substantial investment but just don’t see how a liquidation helps the owners.

Edit: ideally from someone with at least a moderate grasp of the concepts involved.

Edited by Pull My Strings

Are the alleged comments from Ogren at the AGM legit?

'It's not the end of the world if we get relegated because we will come straight back up.' 

'I can't believe the doom and gloom around the club, the success is down to Tony's work and he is my man.'

And that he's not putting anymore money in and that United will just need to reduce their 'cost base' but they're in a better position than you were '5 year ago'.

19 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Are the alleged comments from Ogren at the AGM legit?

'It's not the end of the world if we get relegated because we will come straight back up.' 

'I can't believe the doom and gloom around the club, the success is down to Tony's work and he is my man.'

And that he's not putting anymore money in and that United will just need to reduce their 'cost base' but they're in a better position than you were '5 year ago'.

I think that's broadly a true reflection of some of his comments. United are, to be fair, in the top league as opposed to the position they were in 5 years ago, but it looks highly possible that relegation will change this.

12 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Only good thing to come out the AGM is that wages are 71% relative to turn over. That's a 49% reduction in two years.

Good point, I'll clutch that straw!

The 13 million general sum folk are talking about as being the debt to Ogren and the Government puzzles me. Take £3 off, due to the government as an interest free loan over the next 20 years...... that brings the sum to £10 million, six of which was the amount paid by Ogren to purchase the club. Thus, why are United in debt to Ogren for the sum he paid for the club?

If you buy a property, and the value drops, nobody owes you the price you paid initially to buy that property. That, to me, is not a debt owed to Ogren.

That leaves £4 million, a heavy sum, but not the £13 quoted by fans reporting on the AGM.

Has Ogren put that figure out there to make out he’s invested a huge sum, or to frighten supporters into paying more into the club?

Perhaps this week’s meeting Ogren has with the Foundation will provide clarity.

Nicked this from another site. Sorry to bring the convo back to what happens on the pitch! I'm going to guess we didn't scout this keeper.

I reckon Ogren is hurling the £13M to prove he's spent enough now. Which, IMO, is his own fucking fault for thinking he'll make money in Scottish Football outside of the two Glasgow arseholes. Or believing Asghar and Friends it could be done.

Ultimately I can see us going straight down. The manager is useless. The squad is so badly constructed and devoid of confidence. The Sporting Director is fucking useless at picking managers and is the main reason we're in this mess. Looks like the rumours that no serious manager will work with him might have some traction as every manager we've had has ran away at the first chance. Even Tam.

Tony is his guy because he either really does trust him or knows he can use him as a scapegoat as he knows a portion of the fans have never liked him.

The whole situation is mental and now it seems like the only care is the business rather than the product on the pitch (from the comments I've seen in various places allegedly said at the AGM) which only points to one thing and its not up the way.

Liquidation doesn't make sense (imo) to Ogren. Administration won't work as he owns the debt so he'll gain nothing from that (I think) so he's stuck here selling assets or selling the club to anyone for as much as he can get. The potential irony is we could be in a worse position to where we were when he came in as I can't see fans coming out to buy season tickets or merchandise etc in the numbers we did if we do go down.

The 5 year plan, eh?

So, basically, fucking BOOOOO