The Dundee United Thread 22/23

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

What's the chances I'll be needing to make yet another next United manager thread in the next 48 hours?

I hope its a new Manager / Sporting Director thread tbh.

Get them both away to f**k and bring someone that's got a modicum of footballing sense in.

27 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

We are down. I cannot see any way this squad, with this manager, are finishing ahead of anyone else.

I thought Fletcher, Behich and McGrath player pretty well today. And though Levitt was fairly crap he showed exactly why you always keep him on.

No team with players of this quality should be fighting relegation but we’ve got a manager who should be in the juniors.

As for the keeper - he should never play again.

I've never been so angry with a United player as I was with Birighitti today. What an absolute coward. Fucks up (twice because he shouldn't have passed the ball to Mulgrew in the first place) and then went down "injured" to save face.

His teammates were raging with him as well, and rightly so. He can never play for us again, surely?

And it's time for Fox to go to. I've heard from multiple sources that he's a lovely guy and he's well liked, but to be honest, does that matter if he can't win games and fails to light a fire under a team who look scared to take the ball forward?#

He's got to go, and Asghar has to go with him.

Plus point today was that Kai Fotheringham looks like a good player and we'll hopefully see more of him from now on.

I’ve not been jumping up and down screaming for Asghar to go, but if he’s the guy who sanctioned releasing Carson and going with 1 unknown keeper and 1 who had been there for 6 months and everyone seemed to agree was shite then I’ll be first in the queue with my pitchfork chasing the c**t out of town. That is the decision more than any other that will seal our relegation. Just like going with 2 total fucking diddies in goal did the last time. 

Edited by Junior_Arab

1 minute ago, SGMilne said:

I've never been so angry with a United player as I was with Birighitti today. What an absolute coward. Fucks up (twice because he shouldn't have passed the ball to Mulgrew in the first place) and then went down "injured" to save face.

You’ve clearly wiped Gunning and Kuate from memory.

And while it was defo Bitighittis fault, Mulgrew defo asks for the ball, which in itself was stupid.

Just now, ArabFC said:

Did we not just take in £3m from Souttar? Think that should just about payoff Fox.

Don't think we got £3m dumped in the bank. I'd guess we get 15% of each payment as they're made which may be over a year? Just assuming that anyway...

If we did, why the Jebus Christing fucking hell have we only got one forward, the occasional midfield and a manager that's so out of his depth I honestly think the average Dundee United Mad poster would do a far better job...

Just now, ArabFC said:

You’ve clearly wiped Gunning and Kuate from memory.

And while it was defo Bitighittis fault, Mulgrew defo asks for the ball, which in itself was stupid.

Kuate was pantomime stuff, Gunning was incredible but it didn't make a difference in the end.

This guy ruined a lifeline comeback within about a minute and then pretended to be hurt.

If Mulgrew has a part in it, it's a very small part. The boy had plenty of time to just boot it, but he made that decision to take a touch (and to pass to Mulgrew in the first place).

1 minute ago, mishtergrolsch said:

The keeper is at fault for me.

This isn’t up for debate.

Im just saying Mulgrew asks for the ball in his own box without looking at what’s behind him and has nothing on. Why?

The moment he passed it back I was thinking, oh shit, because I know how ridiculously casual Bitighitti is on the ball.

Mulgrew knows this too. While it’s not his fault, it was fcuking stupid from him too.