The Dundee United Thread 22/23

10 hours ago, arab_joe said:

That interview, and an article I read in the Daily Record about Tony Watt's transfer to St Mirren (LINK), both suggest that Liam Fox is sticking to his "system" and if players do not fit his mould then they're out.  Why are we sticking with a system that doesn't generate goals, wins or points?

What the hell is the system? 3 at the back is how we lineup every week, I guess, but outside of that I'm not sure what the hell we're trying to do.

Some weeks we play two full backs in the back 3, then we switch them out for Mulgrew and Graham. 

If McGrath is injured, Harkes goes in there which is like replacing chalk with cheese, and if Fletcher gets injured, then fcuk knows what we do.

Meh!

7 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

What the hell is the system? 3 at the back is how we lineup every week, I guess, but outside of that I'm not sure what the hell we're trying to do.

Some weeks we play two full backs in the back 3, then we switch them out for Mulgrew and Graham. 

If McGrath is injured, Harkes goes in there which is like replacing chalk with cheese, and if Fletcher gets injured, then fcuk knows what we do.

Meh!

Official Instagram yesterday had a photo of McGrath with the caption "Ready to go again", which hopefully means he's fit, but knowing the club at the moment...

Since the World Cup we've played some decent stuff. But the two Kilmarnock games, and the lack of activity in the transfer window games which brought the 'AshgarOut' community out of the internet and into the stadiums and all the ill feeling towards the players and club that goes along with that, has really seen a very dark cloud hang above United all of a sudden.

A decent crowd today, and one that will hopefully get behind the team cause Christ knows those players need it - their confidence is so fragile! (boy beside me in the first half last week berated Smith every time he touched the ball, shouting at him that he's a "donkey" and "fucking useless". Smith couldn't have not heard him - would have knocked anyone's confidence that). So hopefully a good start to the game to lift the crowd and lift the mood at Tannadice. It's not a coincidence that team beat a side going for the Eredivisie title when Tannadice was packed to the rafters with the fans right behind the team.

30 minutes ago, Steven W said:

A change in system from Fox at last - cynics will argue it has an air of Brewster's Last Stand at Falkirk about it though. They may be right.

I don’t think bringing in Fotheringham compares to Brew playing the youth team.