The Dundee United Thread 22/23

Initially found it hard to believe he was as old as 64, then realised the UEFA Cup Final was over 35 years ago.

Like a few of you have already said, the first keeper I remember at United, and he was great. Also remember him being really good for Motherwell in the early 90s

I looked around to see reactions to Asghar’s interview, which ranged from mild dissatisfaction to outright hatred of the man. Mostly negativity, which is to be expected given the position we are in and the nature of social media.

Supporters wanted someone to come out and make a statement, someone did, now they’re unhappy at that. I’m wondering what content they wanted in the interview? Anyway, talk’s cheap.

I did note at one stage Asghar, speaking about Watt, suggested he was ‘not willing’ to play for the club, ‘not wanting to have game time’.

The main thing I took from all that is United hadn’t put the heating on.

I think folk wanted to hear from TA because they want to have a go at him. I'm not going to lie, I'm not a fan of the guy whatsoever but in this case he's damned if he does, damned if he dosent.

Do I think he's doing a good job? Not hugely but it's probably not as bad as some folk will make out. 

I feel this transfer window has been a disaster but the club can turn it round if they bring in the right free agents. But...well...we have a good record at that, no? Erm...

He's made / overseen some howlers (Neilson going for nowt for example) and I'm usually underwhelmed by his interviews and this one is no different. One of the things I took from it was "Slag me off if you like but don't bring banners in about me because the players will play poorly".

I didn't see any banners away to in the 9-0 game. Or any other games we've been utterly pathetic in till the last couple.

I would also suggest going forward that he drops the "I hurt as much as the fans" shtick too. Feels quite disingenuous to me.

We're presumably not alone, but the days of having some kind of idea what is happening with injured players seems to be long gone* (unless I'm looking in the wrong places). Anyone have any info on Pawlett, McGrath or Behich

*Assuming I'd be right in thinking its The Fat Controller's fault?

1 minute ago, Steven W said:

We're presumably not alone, but the days of having some kind of idea what is happening with injured players seems to be long gone* (unless I'm looking in the wrong places). Anyone have any info on Pawlett, McGrath or Behich

*Assuming I'd be right in thinking its The Fat Controller's fault?

Pawlett, McGrath & Harkes all out with hamstring injuries, Behich reported as being back home due to a family issue.