The Dundee United Thread 22/23

2 hours ago, Steven W said:

(When a gambler has a bad afternoon in the bookies, the sensible thing to do is cut his losses and leave it at that, rather than eye up the 20/1 shot in the last that he likes the look of)

Have you hacked into my Ladbrokes online account and reviewed my betting history...?

The club's official social media accounts have posted a picture of Fox with the caption "Happy Birthday Gaffer".

While it is obviously a nice sentiment, the comment sections have gone exactly the way everyone would expect. Well, everyone except the social media department apparently

10 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

The club's official social media accounts have posted a picture of Fox with the caption "Happy Birthday Gaffer".

While it is obviously a nice sentiment, the comment sections have gone exactly the way everyone would expect. Well, everyone except the social media department apparently

Aye, they certainly don't have an awareness of their football community's mood. 

It's of minor importance to me, but underlines the club's lack of understanding of how to deal with their customers. 

23 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I haven't seen it but id assume the comments resemble the following

1254478567_intersection_car_crash.gif.5cfd63f48383a2e04a92a9f9b30b6bc3.gif

9 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

Not really comfortable with fellow Arabs spouting off atm.

Pride before a fall and all that.

Team looks rotten. Another insipid performance when Mulgrew is in the team. He still thinks he's got it which he sadly doesn't. His one touch clearances which go straight to opposition players another feature again. Graham just pinging it constantly rather than taking a more simple pass contributing to Killie getting an attack and shot on goal constantly.

Edwards actually pick of the back 3 for me done well aside from a couple of stramashes he was involved with.

Smith can gtf.

McMann done well.

Most of the team looked dejected last night and need a manager who can change it up when required. For all the possession we had we done nothing with it.

From the outside looking in I think you’re panicking a bit prematurely. I genuinely think you’ll be fine. Too many decent players, surely?

3 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

From the outside looking in I think you’re panicking a bit prematurely. I genuinely think you’ll be fine. Too many decent players, surely?

Plenty decent players but not a fuckin backbone between them. Soft as shite and you dont need that in a relegation battle

7 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Nah but Arabs lording it over the Dee's in a potential play off game will only have one outcome and I'd rather your lot didn't have that over us.

You're forever in our shadow but one inch closer to sunlight is a mile too far.

2 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

See 2016

Aidan Connolly, Eddie Ofere, Michal Szromnik, Coll Donaldson, Mark Durnan, Luis Zwick, Rodney Sneijder, Aaron Kuhl, lots of young players who were hardly ready, and a host of guys well past the end of their careers like Demel and Pongolle? We've a far better squad now than then. 

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

As true as this is, we were saying this after Jack Ross got canned before September. Somehow hiring the guy whose only managerial experience prior had been with a Cowdenbeath side he left 7 points adrift at the bottom of League Two hasn't been the smash hit Tony had imagined.

I think what I dislike the most is the culture of lies, gaslighting and treating fans like utter mugs with Asghar and the spineless chancers that work under him.

The latest shit show around the window has brought it to the fore again.

We are being run by an Arnold Clark sales force.

I've watched United for long enough to deal with shite football but it's an incredibly hard club to like right now.

4 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

United in Pursuit

15 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Aidan Connolly, Eddie Ofere, Michal Szromnik, Coll Donaldson, Mark Durnan, Luis Zwick, Rodney Sneijder, Aaron Kuhl, lots of young players who were hardly ready, and a host of guys well past the end of their careers like Demel and Pongolle? We've a far better squad now than then. 

Wasn't necessarily saying the players are worse now, just that we were constantly told we were too good to go down in 2016 and there are similarities in terms of low confidence and fucking chronic performances.

I'll never think we're safe till it's scientifically and legally proven by people in lab coats and suits.