The Dundee United Thread 22/23

2 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Am I missing something here? What's the rush to sign people? We have only lost Tony Watt and he has been restricted to a few appearances off the bench anyway.

90% of January signings are utter guff or short term loans.

Aye, up to a point but we're surely needing a centre forward to cover for Fletcher. He can only manage 70 minutes at the best of times and we have no one remotely comparable to come on for him. It doesn't bear thinking about if he were to get injured.

Fwiw, I've no doubt we'll still get at least one or two in, either today or over the next couple of days when the dust begins to settle.

I see Alex Nicholls is available.

I've just finished reading a secondhand copy of the paperback 'Across the Great Divide: a History of Professional Football in Dundee' by Jim Wilkie (updated edition published in 2000). Sadly it proved to be missing pages 89 to 92 inclusive.

If anybody was able to scan or photograph the 4 pages, and either put them in a post here or in a Private Message to me, it'd be much appreciated.

A couple of weeks ago the reports coming out of the club were how we will finish the transfer window stronger than when it started, as things stand with Watt leaving we have 1 experienced striker (who has already missed games this season due to niggles, to be expected at his age) and the only hinted incoming is a 19 year old defender who isn’t even into double figures for games played. Unless there’s some late activity it’s looking like a pretty grim window for us. 

Foolish if they go ahead with Fletcher as the only proper striker.

Our punt the ball tactics aren't going to suit Middleton or Mcleod's strengths on the days when Fletcher is unavailable. Watt certainly wasn't perfect but could lead the line alone when required, like against St Johnstone recently.

We are weaker. The soundbites from the club often aren't backed up with reality.

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

I've just finished reading a secondhand copy of the paperback 'Across the Great Divide: a History of Professional Football in Dundee' by Jim Wilkie (updated edition published in 2000). Sadly it proved to be missing pages 89 to 92 inclusive.

If anybody was able to scan or photograph the 4 pages, and either put them in a post here or in a Private Message to me, it'd be much appreciated.

I've got the original somewhere, but don't knife that will fit in to your description.