The Dundee United Thread 22/23

7 minutes ago, low-life said:

15m fee agreed for Souttar. 

Should hopefully help get a body or two in today. 

Kinda wild that the club will make as much (if not more) money from a boy that played two games for us, as we did from Andy Robertson or Ryan Gauld. Don't think anyone foresaw Harry ever going for that kind of cash back when we sold him.

4 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Kinda wild that the club will make as much (if not more) money from a boy that played two games for us, as we did from Andy Robertson or Ryan Gauld. Don't think anyone foresaw Harry ever going for that kind of cash back when we sold him.

Must admit I didn't think he was that good. He had a brilliant World Cup, especially considering he'd been out for a year prior to it.

4 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

Watt away to St Mirren. To make room for Marley Watkins?

Hud me back.

Tbf if Watt goes to St Mirren and does alright against the teams around us I'll be happy.

Frees up a wage and brings someone else in who might have a point to prove.

3 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Tbf if Watt goes to St Mirren and does alright against the teams around us I'll be happy.

We’ll still likely be picking up some of his wages, I guess?

3 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Same attitude we have with Brophy to be fair.

It does appear we let Brophy go a bawhair too quickly though (as Ayunga suffered a potential season-ending injury on Saturday) and don't have the option of a recall from County which is why there is now a need for us to sign to cover Ayunga.

7 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

We’ll still likely be picking up some of his wages, I guess?

We'll never know about the wages aspect, although perhaps some Dundee fan will be along to inform us of the facts.

Getting him away from the club is worth it if he's been a disruptive influence though, he's rarely fitted in at any club and although talented, his frame of mind doesn't seem to allow him to settle to a team sport.

18 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

We'll never know about the wages aspect, although perhaps some Dundee fan will be along to inform us of the facts.

Getting him away from the club is worth it if he's been a disruptive influence though, he's rarely fitted in at any club and although talented, his frame of mind doesn't seem to allow him to settle to a team sport.

I'd imagine St Mirren won't have got him without covering most of his wages as he could have went to KV otherwise.

1 minute ago, ArabianKnight said:

I'd imagine St Mirren won't have got him without covering most of his wages as he could have went to KV otherwise.

Maybe, but we shipped Brophy out to save money on his wages. Considering we are still paying a chunk of his salary and for a crocked Ayunga and was too late to sign Connor Shields on loan from 'Well, our first choice replacement (he went to Queens Park), I doubt we are pushing the boat out for Watt. But who knows.

22 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

I think that's right. Tony might be just about manageable if he's the main man but not worth the hassle sitting on the bench and frankly not worth bringing on if he has been on the bench. I personally can't get past that couldn't-give-a-fuck cameo when he came on against Rangers. Awful, lazy, disinterested. 

21 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

From a reasonable source;

Watt to St Mirren - Buddies are picking up all wages and have paid a loan fee of £75k (never seen that in Scottish Football before)

You are talking mince.

Here to help .. :)

31 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Watt to St Mirren - Buddies are picking up all wages and have paid a loan fee of £75k (never seen that in Scottish Football before)

Absolute drivel. From now to the end of May, that would work out around £5K per week.

I suggest you get a more reliable source.

38 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Loan fees are quite common in football especially with the big boys.