The Dundee United Thread 22/23

49 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

All well and good identifying what is needed - for example, everyone with any sanity previously recognised we needed a midfield enforcer - and the club went out and signed Djoum.

Which is why I'd rather keep Watt and not go and try and find a replacement for him in the next couple of days. We'd just as likely sign another dud.

Fox confirmed that Watt was left out of the squad due to potential move so just have to hope that his replacement is someone capable of contributing. 

2 hours ago, Twinkle said:

Question. If the window shuts and we havent brought anyone in, does everyone feel we have enough to keep us up? 

50/50 on this. If we get over the 35pts line with this squad I'll be surprised. Injuries to come surely and there's no one up top to cover Fletcher.

20 hours ago, skinny arab said:

Fox confirmed that Watt was left out of the squad due to potential move so just have to hope that his replacement is someone capable of contributing. 

Has Watt performed well for United?

Seems a strange one - if he's doing badly, why would anyone else want him at what seems to be a high wage; and if he's doing well, why would United let him leave?

3 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Seems a strange one - if he's doing badly, why would anyone else want him at what seems to be a high wage; and if he's doing well, why would United let him leave?

Extremely inconsistent but in fairness to him he did score some really crucial goals to get us Europe last season.

Can see why we want rid of him but we definitely need to get others in.

4 minutes ago, scamp1909 said:

Extremely inconsistent but in fairness to him he did score some really crucial goals to get us Europe last season.

Can see why we want rid of him but we definitely need to get others in.

Him leaving would leave us very short of bodies, and although he has been underwhelming most of the time, to let him leave for a relegation rival right now, if it happens, is absolute idiocy.

ETA: on a point of pedantry, he scored one goal for United last season.

Edited by Sarto Mutiny

I suspect Watt is a nightmare to manage which is why he has been binned after a fortnight everywhere he has been.

What I would say is if you actually play him he's useful. He is worse than useless of the bench but since October he started 6 and scored in 4 and got an assist in the other.

Watt was pretty much our best player last season and has been useful this season when deployed properly.

I have no doubt his nomadic career is down to him being difficult to manage, but a good manager etc etc

So it doesn't instill me with much confidence that Fox wants rid.

Edited by ArabFC

2 hours ago, Bobby_F said:

Be on about 3k a week at the fruitbowl, for sitting on his arse and doing film reviews. 

Money well spent. IMO.

Thank you.

4 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Him leaving would leave us very short of bodies, and although he has been underwhelming most of the time, to let him leave for a relegation rival right now, if it happens, is absolute idiocy.

ETA: on a point of pedantry, he scored one goal for United last season.

I must be going mental 😂

That was me thinking he was the scorer of the winner in the 2-1 St Mirren game and a scorer in the 2-1 County game...

been a long season