The Dundee United Thread 22/23

14 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

I'm okay with Birighitti currently. He had a sticky start, along with a lot of others, but doesn't fill me with dread as his Finnish colleague does. If there's an upgrade available then fine but I wouldn't be rushing into a change.

He's been absolutely fine since the winter break. I've probably cursed him now. Shit.

29 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

He's been absolutely fine since the winter break. I've probably cursed him now. Shit.

I kind of assumed we'd all made an unspoken pact not to mention that Birighitti has looked significantly less of a bomb scare since the break for fear of jinxing it.

Our imminent doom is now entirely on you.

Edited by captainkev

18 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I know it’s early, but describing it as “a sticky start” should secure understatement of the year for 2023

^^^

Missed prominent Dees describing a 4-2 defeat at home to Arbroath as a 'minor setback'.

Edited by Alert Mongoose

Birighitti does seem to be playing much better now. He's got some pretty fundamental flaws in his game but hopefully some dedicated GK coaching over the world cup has helped with that.

Before there is too much revisionism he has only faced 5 shots on goal on 3 games, including a penalty,  and conceded 2.

That said his kicking, distribution and claiming crosses has all been fine. 

12 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Birighitti does seem to be playing much better now. He's got some pretty fundamental flaws in his game but hopefully some dedicated GK coaching over the world cup has helped with that.

Before there is too much revisionism he has only faced 5 shots on goal on 3 games, including a penalty,  and conceded 2.

That said his kicking, distribution and claiming crosses has all been fine. 

It's his distribution that has had me sticking by him. Swiftly getting the ball into the feet of a Levitt or a wing-back to start a quick counter-attack is an asset woefully lacking in most keepers.

As long as he keeps the floppy hand syndrome at bay, I'm happy with him.

1 hour ago, FSF Dundee said:

We will be back at Tannadice on Sunday for the Rangers game!

Please consider bringing along some items to donate if you can! 

FANS SUPPORTING FOODBANKS DUNDEE (64).png

You might want to consider a spot near the east stand ramp also if possible as there are already rumours of The rangers fans looking for trouble in revenge for “Lizzies in a box” in our last game and I think the police may well block Utd fans heading towards the shed along Tannadice Street.