The Dundee United Thread 22/23

1 hour ago, ArabianKnight said:

Newman starting is not something I think anyone expected to see! Hope he stakes a claim, wonder is the cack handed Aussie if offski then 🤔

Not promising signs.

And I know its only a friendly, but the defending, oh my dear lord, the defending! 😱

1 minute ago, ArabFC said:

Not promising signs.

And I know its only a friendly, but the defending, oh my dear lord, the defending! 😱

Aye going by what I've heard it's not making for good viewing! 

Glad the bairn had a match this morning now so we never ended up going 😂

As previously mentioned, tonight Aziz Behich became the first United player to take the field in a knockout match at the World Cup.

Dave Narey’s toepoke remains the last goal scored by a United player at the World Cup, although Aziz was pretty close to taking that record as well!

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

As previously mentioned, tonight Aziz Behich became the first United player to take the field in a knockout match at the World Cup.

Dave Narey’s toepoke remains the last goal scored by a United player at the World Cup, although Aziz was pretty close to taking that record as well!

An inch away from one of the great World Cup goals. He'll be going over that moment for the rest of his life wondering what might have been.

11 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

An inch away from one of the great World Cup goals. He'll be going over that moment for the rest of his life wondering what might have been.

Not often I feel for a decently paid professional fitba player, but aye, that one's gonna bug him forever.

At least he had the honour of battling it out against with Messi at the World Cup yesterday while most of the squad were struggling to keep track of Swansea at an empty Tannadice.

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

Meanwhile back at the ranch 

Ooft Barkasesque that, I’m starting to think Utd might actually be better playing without a goalkeeper. I kept thinking Utd on paper are too good to go down but if all your keepers are liabilities in a relegation battle then it can suck the confidence out of everyone.

5 hours ago, gannonball said:

Ooft Barkasesque that, I’m starting to think Utd might actually be better playing without a goalkeeper. I kept thinking Utd on paper are too good to go down but if all your keepers are liabilities in a relegation battle then it can suck the confidence out of everyone.

By all accounts they had Zander Clark signed until Jackie McNamara fucked it.

Be an irony if his decision making helps them to another relegation.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

He’s been proven right by saying no first time but can’t help but think if he could be a strong second choice behind Gordon right now internationally if he joined in the summer.

10 hours ago, gannonball said:

He’s been proven right by saying no first time

Can't understand this: he turned down a decent wage as McNamara thought he could either edge United higher or get Clark a club in England. Neither happened and Clark was stuck in the wilderness until Hearts signed him as a back up on a much lower sum than initially offered. 

On 04/12/2022 at 13:53, gannonball said:

2016 much?

On 04/12/2022 at 19:53, RandomGuy. said:

Nope.

On 05/12/2022 at 08:04, Dundee Hibernian said:

Can't understand this: he turned down a decent wage as McNamara thought he could either edge United higher or get Clark a club in England. Neither happened and Clark was stuck in the wilderness until Hearts signed him as a back up on a much lower sum than initially offered. 

Nope.