The Dundee United Thread 22/23

3 hours ago, Junior_Arab said:

No, I know that’s something of an exaggeration, but the perception (supported by the wages figure in the annual accounts) is that we’re not exactly short of staff. 

Definitely a fair amount of coaching staff cutting about who don't seem to do very much 👀😂

The keeper is shite. Edward looks lost. Two full backs playing at centre half - also both shite. Djoum is finished. Rest of the midfield is shite. Wide players also shite. Strikers who never look like scoring.

In summary: shite.

Have already mentally prepared for relegation.

Edited by Gibby82

6 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

The keeper is shite. Edward looks lost. Two full backs playing at centre half - also both shite. Djoum is finished. Rest of the midfield is shite. Wide players also shite. Strikers who never look like scoring.

In summary: shite.

Have already mentally prepared for relegation.

Yup we're going down this season. The only way we'll be saved from relegation this year is if United somehow punt both the keepers and bring in some heroic wonder goalie. 

2 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Yup we're going down this season. The only way we'll be saved from relegation this year is if United somehow punt both the keepers and bring in some heroic wonder goalie. 

There’s definitely an echo or two of the Mixu season. Guy Demel would probably beat Djoum over 100 yards.

Yeah, we are going down. Get back to basics, play centre halfs at centre half, go 4-4-2 and get that diddy in the goal to f**k
We are hopeless away from home. I guess the hope at this stage is that United somehow accumulate enough points at home to keep us out of trouble. I'm not confident.

I know that it's an unpopular move on a Saturday night after a defeat to not believe the world is ending, but I just can't bring myself to be as actively angry and discontented as some.

We lost 2-1 away from home to the team who is 4th in the table. It's disappointing and we didn't play particularly well (although we did look decent in spells) but we're not going to win every game.

Current form in the league is LWWDL. Compared to the likes of Motherwell or even Hearts and Hibs it's not that bad.

Could we go down? Yes, but realistically, 9 other teams look like they are a bad run of form or an injury crisis away from propping up the league as well. 

So while I'm not naive enough to think we're safe from the drop, I think we'll be alright. If we're not, f**k it, but at least I'll have spared myself from months or permarage.

The signing of Djoum just sums up this season so far. Crying out for a defensive anchor, the club seem to recognise that and manage to bring in someone who isn't that kind of player, isn't fit and looks too old anyway.

A series of cock ups on and off the field.

Posted this in the match thread, but I am going to be self indulgent and copy and paste it here:

We are lacking in a couple of key positions (defensive midfield, goalkeeper) and we really suffer for it. Watt is good when he can be bothered, which isn't all that often. Edwards and Levitt have largely been poor, Behich is decent going forward but cannot defend, and Mulgrew was great for the first half of last season but has been pretty underwhelming since then. It remains to be seen how good the manager actually is, but I worry about where we are going to end up, I'm getting strong 2015/16 vibes from this bunch. The stench of that 9-0 defeat remains, and I haven't forgotten or forgiven the players who simply chucked it that day and I don't feel I can offer them my support. I'm fucked if I am spending my time and money on a group of players who don't give a shit. Add in the f**k up over Lewis Neilson (and whoever was responsible for that is still at the club - I know if I cost my employer that amount of money due to an admin error I wouldn't have a job any more), and I am just scunnered with events on and off the pitch. I can live with being crap, but this is beyond that.

28 minutes ago, Aladdin said:

The signing of Djoum just sums up this season so far. Crying out for a defensive anchor, the club seem to recognise that and manage to bring in someone who isn't that kind of player, isn't fit and looks too old anyway.

A series of cock ups on and off the field.

I've noticed a lot of negativity towards Djoum so far. Hopefully it's just that he's not quite match fit and needs to blend into the team; that wouldn't be out of the ordinary. 

7 hours ago, PartyFears2 said:

there is a meeting scheduled today. 

🇺🇸

I have my doubts it will, but if the merger does happen after todays meeting, would the new club be called:

Dundee United and Dundee, UNITED

which would probably have the punctuation removed, leaving

Dundee United Dundee United …

I can’t see everyone going for that but you never know..

Owns Cristiano Ronaldo GIF