The Dundee United Thread 22/23

40 minutes ago, arab_joe said:

Such is my desire to wipe Crawford's playing career from my memory that I deleted the sentence "let's hope he's a better assistant manager than he was a player for us" - we paid 80,000 for him!! 

I have no idea how good an appointment Liam Fox will be - I know so little about the guy that I find it very hard to make judgment.  All I know is that every time we fire a manager I make the point on here that we have an absolutely abysmal record of hiring managers (since McLean left the club in 1993, how many successful hires have there been?) - and that there is little to suggest that the board at the club are any better at choosing a manager than a monkey would...

And yes, someone will already be digging through Liam Fox's old Tweets and will no doubt find one from about 2011 that suggests he might possibly have wanted Rangers/Dundee/Roma to win a game and he will already be on borrowed time.  At least he won't have a ridiculous recruiter-style LinkedIn profile like our Tam did! 

Ach in all honesty, as long as its not Jackie McNamara, Csaba Laszlo, any of the generic manager merry-go-rounders or Tony Asghar (or relations of) I'm kind of not giving a flying f**k anymore*. Its Ogrens money and if he wants to pish more up the wall then thats OK with me.

1. Fox could be good but will end up being pinched in about a year.

2. He'll be shite and be gone before May.

3. Or, perhaps Fox will be a bang average manager who steadies the ship and we plod around in 6th, 7th or 8th for a few years with a semi final appearance here and there.

Actually that last option sounds fucking great right now but I'm anticipating one of the other outcomes. I'll let you guess which one.

*I reserve the right to be a hypocritical p***k and moan like f**k when it suits me.

Let's be honest, most managers at most clubs turn out to be disasters in the medium to long termunless they have a lot of money to back them. And even then they can be calamitous. 

In the Scottish Premiership it seems managers are kept on in the main unless they flirt too close to relegation, or the imagined prospect of relegation, unless one of the Glasgow Twins. Most clubs in Scotland don't have ambition matching the supporters' football fantasies. 

*Notwithstanding Ross being dire in the extremely short term.

12 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Two posts entered into the bookmarked folder so far.

Im back pedalling here but given the results so far it makes sense to at least give them a go for the foreseeable. Making a change now when you seem to be on the up yet in the relegation spot would be seen as a more risky option

12 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Im back pedalling here but given the results so far it makes sense to at least give them a go for the foreseeable. Making a change now when you seem to be on the up yet in the relegation spot would be seen as a more risky option

They've missed the chance to get 2 x new manager's bounce.  Always worked well for the Dees. 

I’ve become very relaxed about our future, whatever happens will happen and so long as we can avoid a repeat of Mellonball I’m okay with it.

My only hope is that if Ogren walks and things go tits up then we can offer our creditors 7p in the pound and retain the moral high ground.

4 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Danger lecturing everyone else on life choices after voting for Brexit then fucking off to a Spanish Island for the rest of his life is quite the stance

One bad decision.

One good decision.

Terrible envy.

1 hour ago, ArabianKnight said:

Austin McPhee

Yes. No fucking chance he's giving up a gig at Aston Villa to be second assistant to the Head Coach at United. 

1 hour ago, Hoose Rice said:

Jon Daly. 

Yes. Although I'd prefer Willo and would accept Dillo.

40 minutes ago, Tap in 94 said:

Grant Murray 

partridge-i-dont-know.gif