The Dundee United Thread 22/23

Just now, Granny Danger said:

I hope Ogren isn’t a Trump supporter.

Hide contents

Fox and Friends

Ogren donated to Trump's two presidential campaigns.

IF it's Crawford and Fox, and many predicted it'd be Fox anyway, I don't think I'll be getting too anxious about it. Though Ross might be OK but he clearly wasn't. Thought Courts would take us down but he did better than anyone anticipated.

Managers have to be lucky as well as competent. Thus I'm hoping whoever is appointed has good fortune, along with man management skills. 

Stevie Crawford's name may well have been floated by someone to pals, and it's grown as a rumour, but although he did well at Hearts as an assistant, I can't see it being him.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

If that’s true he can f**k right off.

Why would I lie? He's been dripping cash to the Republicans since at least 2003.

https://www.fec.gov/data/receipts/individual-contributions/?contributor_name=Mark+Ogren&contributor_state=MN

But for me the two main parties over there are quite unacceptable right wing zealots.

Back to the football: MAGA!

Make Asghar Great Again.

Kevin Thomson will be interviewed for the vacant head coach position at Dundee United, Courier Sport can reveal.

The former Scotland, Rangers and Dundee midfielder will be one of four candidates assessed for the position in the early part of next week.

An official appointment will follow in the subsequent days.

Thomson, 37, is currently without a club after leaving Kelty Hearts during the close season.

4 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

My moles tell me that it's down to Thomson, Robson, McPhee and Fox. Of those, I think I'd prefer Robson and least like it to be Thomson.

These are actual moles though so take it with a pinch of salt. 

Of those 4 I’d go

Robson

mcPhee

Fox

absolutely anyone

Thomson

5 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Why would I lie? He's been dripping cash to the Republicans since at least 2003.

https://www.fec.gov/data/receipts/individual-contributions/?contributor_name=Mark+Ogren&contributor_state=MN

But for me the two main parties over there are quite unacceptable right wing zealots.

Back to the football: MAGA!

Make Asghar Great Again.

I know that there are fans who don’t give a shit about the morals of those who own their clubs (step forward Newcastle United, Chelsea and Man City supporters amongst others) but knowing we are owned by a Trump backer leaves a nasty taste.

21 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I know that there are fans who don’t give a shit about the morals of those who own their clubs (step forward Newcastle United, Chelsea and Man City supporters amongst others) but knowing we are owned by a Trump backer leaves a nasty taste.

Think he's a Republican which recently would have made him a Trumpette. Don't think DJT gets any cash from him nowadays.

Suppose we've all done bad things: I used to vote Labour.

3 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

Kevin Thomson will be interviewed for the vacant head coach position at Dundee United, Courier Sport can reveal.

The former Scotland, Rangers and Dundee midfielder will be one of four candidates assessed for the position in the early part of next week.

An official appointment will follow in the subsequent days.

Thomson, 37, is currently without a club after leaving Kelty Hearts during the close season.

If the season hasn’t been bad enough already for them

3 hours ago, Loemba90 said:

Of those 4 I’d go

Robson

mcPhee

Fox

Almost absolutely anyone

Thomson

Ftfy.

We have to be careful, we've seen Laszlo, McNaFortune, McKinnon and a few other absolute car crashes.

Having Asghar picking managers and saying "absolutely anyone else" means we might even end up with Tony Asghar as the fucking manager. 

I'd have Thompson on the "f**k right off" list with Presley, Yogi, McCann etc.

On 19/09/2022 at 17:59, ArabianKnight said:

Aye big month ahead. Need to get points on the board and every one of those games is winnable

/losable.

I know us Arabs are prone to hyperbole, but these next 3 games are going to define our season. 

We need an absolute minimum of 4 or 5 points (in a normal season we might be aiming for 6 or 7, but this is not a normal season) to get us off the bottom of the table and start looking up at the teams above (especially given our pathetic goal difference) - any less than that and we go into a run of away games knowing that we will be bottom of the table at the end of October...

It hasn't been mentioned on this thread, I note, but the booing/singing of the Arabs at Ibrox on Saturday was truly embarrassing.  There is a time and a place to voice reasonable concerns that you might have about the Queen, the monarchy or anything else that you don't believe in - that was neither.  

2 hours ago, arab_joe said:

/losable.

I know us Arabs are prone to hyperbole, but these next 3 games are going to define our season. 

We need an absolute minimum of 4 or 5 points (in a normal season we might be aiming for 6 or 7, but this is not a normal season) to get us off the bottom of the table and start looking up at the teams above (especially given our pathetic goal difference) - any less than that and we go into a run of away games knowing that we will be bottom of the table at the end of October...

It hasn't been mentioned on this thread, I note, but the booing/singing of the Arabs at Ibrox on Saturday was truly embarrassing.  There is a time and a place to voice reasonable concerns that you might have about the Queen, the monarchy or anything else that you don't believe in - that was neither.  

Aye, these games will set the tone for outcomes later in the campaign, it seems. But I doubt anyone at Tannadice is thinking too much about how many points can be accrued over a number of fixtures, the focus should be fully on the St Johnstone match.

Regarding the behaviour at Ibrox, I reckon that was more about winding up opposition fans than thoughts on the relevance and position of royalty. And why should anyone personally fell embarrassed about it? In the same way that you or I didn't contribute to the 9-0 drubbing by Celtic, just because you support a club doesn't mean everything that happens is attributable to every supporter of that club.