The Dundee United Thread 22/23

1 minute ago, ArabianKnight said:

Good to see one of the imminent new manager's requests being sanctioned so readily. 

Big Dunc - "Get that fucking useless c**t out my coaching staff before I even enter the city" :lol: 

Edited by Hoose Rice

26 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Adam Asghar: Dundee United confirm imminent departure of coach and sporting director's son Adam Asghar will leave his position as first-team coach of Dundee United after Saturday’s match against Motherwell, the Tannadice club.

New Head Coach/ Manager? 

19 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Swansea bound? Budapest?

Some fans will be very happy to see him go, I'm unsure of what his input was so not bothered one way or another.

He played a significant role in the development of key United Academy players as Head Coach of the Under-18s before being promoted to First Team Coach in 2021 by then first-team Head Coach Tam Courts.

I mean, do you not remember all those top class, champions league quality youth players the last 3 years?

43 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Lots on here will be delighted to read the final line of the statement

It originally read

"Best Wishes to my young lad Adam, ill see you at tea time and we'll sort out your move to Budapest buddy. 

Love,

Papa Asghar xxx"

But they toned it down and kept it tasteful.

1 hour ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Swansea bound? Budapest?

Some fans will be very happy to see him go, I'm unsure of what his input was so not bothered one way or another.

Swansea would be my guess. He at the SFA under Goldie who brought him to United. Supposedly a good.coach, but never accepted at United and could never be promoted as the outcy and conspiracy theories would go mental.

2 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Shot across the boughs of Asghar senior surely?

Stop burning our money 

Why? Seen that line pulled in another forum, can't see why it, makes no sense. He's not being sacked, he's leaving under "mutual consent" with a nice write up, unlike others who have left recently.

The "not happy with you, so I'll not do anything to you but we'll get rid of your son you didn't want at the club in the first place" all seems a bit gangster, small time and un business like for me.

Suspect its more like an offer has come in, hes asked to be released from contract, we've thought he can go and allow new man to bring in own staff without us having to pay folk off etc.

He'll probably go to Swansea with Goldie who brought him to Tannadice.

Edited by Tannadeechee

12 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

Adam Asghar: Dundee United confirm imminent departure of coach and sporting director's son Adam Asghar will leave his position as first-team coach of Dundee United after Saturday’s match against Motherwell, the Tannadice club.

McInnes’ only demand is Tony Docherty. 

I'm coming round to the idea of Ferguson. As a figurehead and motivator he might offer something a bit different from the norm. I'm not sure there's anything to suggest that he'd be a great tactician but I think plenty of teams function perfectly well with leaving the finer points to the backroom team and letting the manager/head coach deal with setting the tone. It seems from his public pronouncements that his main 'thing' is intensity and aggression. If he could bring that the rest might take  care of itself.

54 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

I'm coming round to the idea of Ferguson. As a figurehead and motivator he might offer something a bit different from the norm. I'm not sure there's anything to suggest that he'd be a great tactician but I think plenty of teams function perfectly well with leaving the finer points to the backroom team and letting the manager/head coach deal with setting the tone. It seems from his public pronouncements that his main 'thing' is intensity and aggression. If he could bring that the rest might take  care of itself.

I’m honestly only wanting Big Dunc because it would be entertaining.

But… during the Liverpool derby today the commentators mentioned that Carlo Ancelotti wanted to take him to Real Madrid. That’s not nothing.

Assistant to Ancelotti and Benitez. I’m sure he’s picked up some knowledge.