The Dundee United Thread 22/23

9 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

And again, no "thanks and good luck". Is everyone at Tannadice on the blob this week?

Edit: For the hard of thinking, here's the text of that article:

Nae thanks and nae good luck. Wind your necks in. If the negative reaction is for the awful, misogynistic "blob" reference then, fair enough, I am clearly a man out of time, but also "how can I hate women when my mum is one" and "as the father to a daughter ..", etc. 

^^^ on the blob. 

3 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

Weirdest feeling right now. 

Happy we've scored a couple goals but also fucking raging these c***s have turned it on now Ross has gone. 

Professional pride eh. 

Telling that Liam Fox says in his interview with DUTV

"Like I've just said to the guys there,  shouldn't have to ask professional football players to run hard and to work as that just be a given. So that's where we need to get back to"

13 hours ago, Tannadeechee said:

Telling that Liam Fox says in his interview with DUTV

"Like I've just said to the guys there,  shouldn't have to ask professional football players to run hard and to work as that just be a given. So that's where we need to get back to"

The real test comes when we next concede an early goal.

It's easy to run hard and work when you're winning - it's the collapses when we've gone behind which have been damning.

5 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

It's easy to run hard and work when you're winning - it's the collapses when we've gone behind which have been damning.

Lets hope its a while before he finds out. 

2 hours ago, ArabFC said:

I'd quite agree, although it appears the the hard work and hard running was more prevelant last night at 0-0 than it was against Livi at home at the same or score or against St. Mirren.

The improvement needs to continue. I just found it telling that Liam Fox felt he needed to mention it as it is at odds with his comments regarding "player power" at United and not playing for Ross.

Edited by Tannadeechee

2 hours ago, Gibby82 said:

Mulgrew was excellent last night. Watt worked hard. Tell Big Dunc don’t call us we’ll call you.

If that means Mulgrew and Watt were not trying under Ross that gives me no comfort at all.

4 hours ago, Gibby82 said:

Mulgrew was excellent last night. Watt worked hard. Tell Big Dunc don’t call us we’ll call you.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

If that means Mulgrew and Watt were not trying under Ross that gives me no comfort at all.

Mulgrew and Watt might have acted like arseholes behind the scenes, but in the five league games played so far they've not been on the park for as many minutes as may have been expected. Can't say I've watched them and thought they weren't trying, there have been more noticeable suspects for that.

But it's a difficult one: if behind the scenes everyone had been happy with the progress being made, then that would have been a cause for worry.

Maybe if some players have been agitating for change, then they've done the club a favour.

21 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Adam Asghar: Dundee United confirm imminent departure of coach and sporting director's son Adam Asghar will leave his position as first-team coach of Dundee United after Saturday’s match against Motherwell, the Tannadice club.

Good to see one of the imminent new manager's requests being sanctioned so readily.