The Dundee United Thread 22/23

Would be surprised if they had what it would cost for O'Neill.

Thompson would be forward thinking, perhaps get him in to coach/assist someone with the experience to get us out of this mess then take over next year.

Tommy Wright. Seems like someone people might play for.

8 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Is this a vote of confidence in Tony 😮

Again not even a bland, token "best wishes to Jack Ross for the future" in that statement. 

The displays on the pitch have been bad enough. Wonder just how ugly things have gotten behind the scenes.

1 hour ago, captainkev said:

Again not even a bland, token "best wishes to Jack Ross for the future" in that statement. 

The displays on the pitch have been bad enough. Wonder just how ugly things have gotten behind the scenes.

Again it doesn’t say he’s been sacked so maybe that’s the reason, it simply says he’s been relieved of his duties as head coach.

This is pure speculation but maybe they’ve offered him a settlement that he’s refused and so they’re keeping him on the payroll so he can’t earn elsewhere.

1 hour ago, ArabianKnight said:

But is it the dreaded vote of confidence or an actual vote of confidence 🤣

I see it as Big Ogren backing Tony. Hes gone on record a few times saying he's only here because of Tony and trusts him.

As much as I dont like or trust Tony as far as I could throw him i can't see the Ogrens punting him. Where would they go from there?

When you look at the managers, none have lasted more than a year working with Tony, they've all bailed out at the first opportunity. Even Tonys alleged pals don't work for him long, just his young lad. Nothing has really worked. Is it Tony they can't work with? Hes the common denominator. 

For what its worth, I quite like the Ogrens, they seem like they really do want success (outside of making as much cash as possible) but Tony is here for the long run imo.

I'd love to see Duncan Ferguson here to belt a pus or two but I don't see him working as a Head Coach with very little influence. Could, and would happily be wrong. Id also like Michael O'Neil or even Neil Lennon if he was interested for whatever strange reason it would need to be.

But my top choice would be a Barry Robson / Jon Daly combo. But id stipulate they'd both have to register as players. Jon in the mixer at corners and Barry to launch them in.

The first question in the interview process should be "what are your thoughts on defensive midfielders?".

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Again it doesn’t say he’s been sacked so maybe that’s the reason, it simply says he’s been relieved of his duties as head coach.

This is pure speculation but maybe they’ve offered him a settlement that he’s refused and so they’re keeping him on the payroll so he can’t earn elsewhere.

True. Hes maybe part of the grounds staff now.

Yeah after watching his interview there I wouldnt be surprised at this with Mulgrew on the coaching staff along side junior. 

Is this not what the problem is meant to be? Mulgrew was to all intents and purposes managing the team when Tam was ‘in charge’? Also he previously decided when and if he trained, managing his own involvement. Ross refused so accept that saying he was ‘just another player’. That prompted the players meeting where Mulgrew and Watt told the rest of the team that, in their vast experience of these matters, JR was ‘fucking clueless’. Also I’m told Ross actually resigned, FT refused to accept it, Ross said it’s me or Watt and Mulgrew, FT got the abacus out and it had to be Ross. Declan Glass getting recalled too I hear.

4 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Is this not what the problem is meant to be? Mulgrew was to all intents and purposes managing the team when Tam was ‘in charge’? Also he previously decided when and if he trained, managing his own involvement. Ross refused so accept that saying he was ‘just another player’. That prompted the players meeting where Mulgrew and Watt told the rest of the team that, in their vast experience of these matters, JR was ‘fucking clueless’. Also I’m told Ross actually resigned, FT refused to accept it, Ross said it’s me or Watt and Mulgrew, FT got the abacus out and it had to be Ross. Declan Glass getting recalled too I hear.

“I’m told”. Alright Bernstein calm doon. You’ve copied and pasted that from United Mad.