The Dundee United Thread 22/23

2 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

No doubt exactly what the QOS manager is thinking this morning before he (literally) parks the bus at Ibrox this evening ...

Why would the manager park the bus at the ground? Surely the driver would do that?

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

"Thanks for leading us to two of the most embarrassing results in our history, good luck getting a new job"

So Ross fucked up in a spectacularly short timeframe. But those in power at United take no blame for appointing him ? If there was any decency you may wish him well in the future regardless of how he performed. 

Genuinely becoming a bit of a clusterfuck of a club. Spending big wages on players and on relieving Managers of their duties. I have nothing against United but between them and Hibs I kinda hope neither get their act together as they are continually making a royal mess of everything they touch at the moment. That plus I kinda wish you had waited to pull the trigger until after this weekend 🤷‍♂️😉

2 minutes ago, welldaft said:

So Ross fucked up in a spectacularly short timeframe. But those in power at United take no blame for appointing him ? If there was any decency you may wish him well in the future regardless of how he performed. 

Genuinely becoming a bit of a clusterfuck of a club. Spending big wages on players and on relieving Managers of their duties. I have nothing against United but between them and Hibs I kinda hope neither get their act together as they are continually making a royal mess of everything they touch at the moment. That plus I kinda wish you had waited to pull the trigger until after this weekend 🤷‍♂️😉

This is the first manager sacked since the new owners arrived almost four years ago. 

13 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

This is the first manager sacked since the new owners arrived almost four years ago. 

Fair enough but not a good look all of them bailing out after a year or less. Something rotten in the state of Denmark (Tayside). 

1 minute ago, welldaft said:

Fair enough but not a good look all of them bailing out after a year or less. Something rotten in the state of Denmark (Tayside). 

Yeah, that's certainly a fair point. I can understand Neilson wanting to go back to Hearts, fair enough. Mellon I think was genuinely mutual and we were happy to let him go back down south after he achieved his targets in a pretty underwhelming fashion. Courts maybe had his head turned by the prospect of managing on the continent (and I think Asghar was keen to bring in Ross). In isolation each of the departures looks uncontroversial, taken together it perhaps signifies something more problematic.

A number of others have also gone (Academy Director, Head of Recruitment, Head of Tactical Performance (or some such)). Maybe because they were doing a great job and were lured away, or maybe because they couldn't work with someone in the current regime. It's not a great look for a club which publicly claims to be all about strategy and continuity.

When PC Ashgar talks it does not ever really decrease the feeling that he is probably a division or two out of his depth, I mean he can be convincing at times and then you just get the vibe that he has just presented well to a hyper positive American sort and landed behind that desk.

6 minutes ago, Aladdin said:

Bit sad to see Clark go.  He isnt good enough to be a top 6 striker but I don't think he's a player that could ever be accused of not trying.  Popped up with some important goals.

Agree, he was pretty decent at times.

5 minutes ago, DUFC_ said:

When PC Ashgar talks it does not ever really decrease the feeling that he is probably a division or two out of his depth, I mean he can be convincing at times and then you just get the vibe that he has just presented well to a hyper positive American sort and landed behind that desk.

I don't think that's true at all. I do fear that he's possibly a difficult man to work for/with but there's nothing that I've seen at any point to suggest that he isn't qualified to do his role.

Quite happy that Clark is away. Certainly cant do the Fletcher role and a fairly big wage off wage bill. Did chip in with the odd important goal however was far more often posted missing and coming way too deep. 

Getting a fee is great business and hopefully the wage can go on a midfielder before the window closes.