The Dundee United Thread 22/23

The turn in fortunes since AZ was pretty staggering; but you can only give a manager who has a 4 game aggregate of 24-1 so much rope. There wouldn't have been many united fans that were confident to get anything from the next few games.

One things for sure...if Watt and Mulgrew have been so instrumental in the misfortunes then they should also get papped. If Mulgrew has that much to say about Ross' coaching then he should maybe get the job and see how he gets on. In fact...thats a great idea - give him it United, please!

I'm not defending the players, but if you're manager at work is a tosser then you're probably going to put in less effort too.
I maybe would, but I don't have people spending £32 during a cost of living crisis to watch me do my job

Think this is rash tbh.

Smells like there is something rotten in the fruits dressing room - all they have achieved here is spending a f**k tonne of money without addressing the real Issue.

Maybe if they let Mulgrew/Watt pick the next manager it’ll be fine. 

10 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

It's incredible how quickly it went to shit for him. That win against AZ was not even a month ago.

Was just saying that to a mate of mine. A really impressive performance and I remember thinking they looked like a well-balanced team bound for a good season.

Fucking hell 😀

The point made above about United's finances is now becoming interesting. They've lost a lot of money, they've invested in the squad, now this.

One to watch, maybe.

Just now, VincentGuerin said:

Was just saying that to a mate of mine. A really impressive performance and I remember thinking they looked like a well-balanced team bound for a good season.

Fucking hell 😀

The point made above about United's finances is now becoming interesting. They've lost a lot of money, they've invested in the squad, now this.

One to watch, maybe.

I reckoned they'd challenge Hearts for 3rd.  Fuck me 😂

Also how many of the signings were purely players Jack Ross wanted or do Dundee United have a sporting director who's signing project players as well as the managers targets?

We had the issue where we chucked Stubbs early on that he'd signed some poor players and took a while for Kearney and Goodwin to get rid of them. 

Edited by flyingscot

11 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Problem for United now is how can you guarantee this toxic group of players won't chuck it for the next guy too?

Mind we had similar rumours under Kenny when McIntyre took over? Worked ok then, and Kenny said in interviews later that there was no player revolt and he was just out of his depth at the time.

Could be totally different at Dundee United though and there could be players who genuinely undermined Ross. 

No surprise to see him emptied for the third job in a row, just a bit quicker than most would have expected.
He’s obviously fell out with a few senior players and the squad has chucked it, so it getting better wasn’t on the horizon. Those players have got what they wanted, be interesting to see if there’s an immediate turnaround.

19 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I'm not defending the players, but if you're manager at work is a tosser then you're probably going to put in less effort too.

I get that but there are orders of magnitude here.  I'm leaving my job soon for a similar reason. I'm not putting in any extra hours during my 3 month notice but I'm not going to leave my colleagues in the lurch either.

1 minute ago, Lex said:

Also the statement doesn’t mention mutual consent. Have they paid off his full contract? Ooft, expensive. Where’s the money coming from?

This is something I never get. In what other job would you be sacked for being bad at your job and get a pay off. Football contracts are mental.