The Dundee United Thread 22/23

1 hour ago, ArabFC said:

You're correct. My 'problem' is rumours in general.

Why circulate stuff you know in all likelihood is crap? Maybe you made it up yourself. I don't know.

How many people on this thread posted Ross was gone in the last 24hrs? Did they know? Nope. They just  went for a 50/50 in the hope of being seen as 'itk'. A rumour is born.

Opinions on the other hand are great. Crack on.

My opinion is that we should stick with him for now, and I get red-dotted to shit for it because I'm defo in the minority on that one! Do I care? No. It's actually quite illustrative.

I don’t think any Arab should be red dotting another Arab for expressing an opinion on whether or not we should keep/sack a manager.  Arsehole behaviour if they are.

10 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Am I right in saying that's basically the same defence they had in the Championship?  Minus that big bald lump who's name escapes me.  Combine that with probably the worst manager in the league in Jack Ross, and you're in trouble.

No. Different goalkeeper, 2 different cenntre halves and a different left back. The right back is the same as the Championship winning side.

14 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

No. Different goalkeeper, 2 different cenntre halves and a different left back. The right back is the same as the Championship winning side.

But the right back from the Championship shouldn't be getting a game over Freeman who's a far better option. All imo of course.

57 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I don’t think any Arab should be red dotting another Arab for expressing an opinion on whether or not we should keep/sack a manager.  Arsehole behaviour if they are.

Using the like or dislike feature of the forum to indicate dislike of a comment = arsehole behaviour?

All about opinions I guess 🤪

2 hours ago, ArabFC said:

You're correct. My 'problem' is rumours in general.

Why circulate stuff you know in all likelihood is crap? Maybe you made it up yourself. I don't know.

How many people on this thread posted Ross was gone in the last 24hrs? Did they know? Nope. They just  went for a 50/50 in the hope of being seen as 'itk'. A rumour is born.

Opinions on the other hand are great. Crack on.

My opinion is that we should stick with him for now, and I get red-dotted to shit for it because I'm defo in the minority on that one! Do I care? No. It's actually quite illustrative.

I hadn't commented until then. As said a poster ASKED what the rumours were, I told him what the rumours are. I also said it may be shite.

Knock yourself out, crack on red dotting rather than speaking about it. At least you have written a reply rather than a childish "I don't like that " red dot.

You possibly are in the minority, but this is a forum if no-one posts rumours the whole fecking  site near falls on its arse.

Have you not been one of the posters talking about how crap and a total liability Eriksson was even though you hadn't seen him play and were basing it on rumours that you may or may not have made up to be ITK? If not then sorry I may have you mixed up with another poster.

Most of the posts in the last 24 hours saying Ross was gone were other clubs fans posting links to him leaving Sunderland and Hibs.

My take on it is that there is a player led revolt over something or other at the club, that is clear for all to see as they are not playing for him and he looks shell shocked. In this there is usually only one loser which is the manager. If he goes though the players undermining him win. Although I'd be happy to chip in a few quid along with a few others to get shot of half the squad no matter how talented, or how well they did last year. The attitude shown by the majority of the playing staff is piss poor, out of order and basically sticking two fingers up at the fans who effectively pay for their lifestyles. There are a few exceptions, but not many.

The.only other explanation is Jack Ross is shite and needs to go before we potentially find ourselves any further adrift at the bottom of the league.

Do I think he is completely shite? No I don't BUT he has made mistakes and still hasn't been able to kick the slow, one-paced, directionless, no shots, no creativity pish football we've been served up when not chucking it ( AZ at home excluded). He has said though that that is not what he wants, so is that on the players? The players though are weak, timid, responsibility dodging cowards and something needs to change sooner rather than later or we could be set with a loser mentality for the season and in big trouble.

Edited by Tannadeechee

5 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

But the right back from the Championship shouldn't be getting a game over Freeman who's a far better option. All imo of course.

Quite agree, but one thing in Smith's defence he is the only one who appears visibly angered and annoyed by what is happening and seems to be letting team mates know it. The rest jusut head down shuffle about staring at the ground.

3 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

Have you not been one of the posters talking about how crap amd a total liability Eriksson was even though you hadn't seen him play and were basing it on rumours that you may or may not have made up to be ITK?

Nope.

6 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Using the like or dislike feature of the forum to indicate dislike of a comment = arsehole behaviour?

All about opinions I guess 🤪

Yeah if you’ve got a different opinion then state that opinion.  Anyway you’re obviously a sad individual so I’ll simply stop responding to you.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

Yeah if you’ve got a different opinion then state that opinion.  Anyway you’re obviously a sad individual so I’ll simply stop responding to you.

I mean it would generally take more in life for me to deduce someone is a 'sad individual' other than them simply utilising the 'like' or 'dislike' function to indicate their 'like' or 'dislike' for a post on a football forum, but whatever works for ya! 😂

32 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

Quite agree, but one thing in Smith's defence he is the only one who appears visibly angered and annoyed by what is happening and seems to be letting team mates know it. The rest jusut head down shuffle about staring at the ground.

I still feel like there's been some unfair revisionism about Smith's capabilities in the last few weeks. I really like and prefer what Freeman adds to the team, but when Smith came back from injury his performances earned his place in the team for the back half of last season.

That said, from the Livi game onwards he's been one of our worst performers, even if he's showing more than most how pissed off he is at being a part of these embarrassing displays. Right now Smith couldn't argue if he's dropped and Freeman is given an opportunity at right back instead.

Has anyone been tracking the progress of the boy Moore who played against Rangers in the Ibrox game in December? 
Seem to remember he had a great game and was a busy wee player who broke up play in the midfield. Could we do any worse than at least sticking him on the bench if we’re not going to sign a CDM.

Two points, straw clutching.

These first five league games, United have gained the same number of points as from the comparable fixtures last season: one (swapping Killie away for Dundee away).  Unfortunately, in the next four league fixtures scheduled the side gained zero points in the same matches last season. Thus 1 point in total from the comparable home and away fixtures last season.

After nine games, surely we'll improve on that? Surely?

Secondly, a number of Celtic fans have argued the point that United should open more space for their fans, as many of our seats were unoccupied. While not agreeing with that, I'm wondering if our support help by turning their backs on fixtures against the twins. I get all the reasons why these games are unattractive, but wonder if it's disillusioning for players to see the amount of empty spaces, yesterday perhaps a third of season ticket holders weren't there. For clarity, that isn't an acceptable excuse for the lack of effort displayed in that match, it's more of a general point. I'm wondering if fans can accuse players of 'not turning up' when quite literally supporters aren't doing so.

Finally, @dregs 83, Craig Moore isn't yet 17, and is captaining the under 18's presently, playing central midfield. That's about all I know about his progress, other than he got capped for Scotland's under 17s a few months ago.

2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Why?

What do you think he will manage to do to turn things around?

No idea. I don't know him.

But before I were to sack. manager (after 5 league games) I'd want to be damn sure that he was the root of the problem, and despite all the 'rumours' I'm yet to be convinced that he is.

For me this all goes back to THAT game.

We were all in love with what the manager had done in the first leg and he set them up - with no complaint from us for the second - but on the pitch, the players collapsed. What the manager could possibly have done to prevent that disaster show, I have no idea.

Since then it's been clear as day that the player's confidence is shot. There have been spells where there has been some decent play, but as soon as a goal is conceded they collapse.

For me that's not the players downing tools because they don't like the gaffer. That's players who are mentally defeated.

We have two games coming up which give the manager a chance to turn the tide. If he can't he can't, but I'm willing to give him the opportunity.

I understand why others aren't.

Edited by ArabFC

8 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Two points, straw clutching.

These first five league games, United have gained the same number of points as from the comparable fixtures last season: one (swapping Killie away for Dundee away).  Unfortunately, in the next four league fixtures scheduled the side gained zero points in the same matches last season. Thus 1 point in total from the comparable home and away fixtures last season.

After nine games, surely we'll improve on that? Surely?

I don't believe the lack of points is the problem - it's the manner of those defeats, surely? A home defeat to Celtic is no cause for concern, a 9-0 loss on the other hand is a different matter.

10 hours ago, dregs 83 said:

Has anyone been tracking the progress of the boy Moore who played against Rangers in the Ibrox game in December? 
Seem to remember he had a great game and was a busy wee player who broke up play in the midfield. Could we do any worse than at least sticking him on the bench if we’re not going to sign a CDM.

I've seen all 3 of our home u18 games so far this season. Although a good prospect he's not ready to be considered for the 1st team yet imo