The Dundee United Thread 22/23

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Am I right in saying that's basically the same defence they had in the Championship?  Minus that big bald lump who's name escapes me.  Combine that with probably the worst manager in the league in Jack Ross, and you're in trouble.

Mark Connolly is i think the player you are thinking of who used to play in that Championship team, big hopeless diddy whose assist for Danny Mullen helped keep us up. They have also lost a decent keeper from that team.

Dont agree though that JR is the worst manager in the league, still think he's decent though not as good as he thinks he is. It's certainly a surprise to see how shambolic they appear to be just now.

13 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Am I right in saying that's basically the same defence they had in the Championship?  Minus that big bald lump who's name escapes me.  Combine that with probably the worst manager in the league in Jack Ross, and you're in trouble.

No, youre not right.

Need fast action. On that post regarding his division of training, sounds absolutely shite, cliquey and exactly the thing you want to avoid in a squad based team sport. What is the f point in signing veterans to mentor the youth we are all constantly told are our future then just having them all run laps while the matchday train, mental.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

There's still players from it playing for you.  And I'm right about Jack Ross.

Player, singular. So no, still not right. 

It is, however, the same defence which lost ten goals against the OF in eight league games last season. I think we may struggle to match that this season.

15 minutes ago, DUFC_ said:

Need fast action. On that post regarding his division of training, sounds absolutely shite, cliquey and exactly the thing you want to avoid in a squad based team sport. What is the f point in signing veterans to mentor the youth we are all constantly told are our future then just having them all run laps while the matchday train, mental.

Tbf, I doubt they're just running laps. 

Just now, Pull My Strings said:

Player, singular. So no, still not right. 

It is, however, the same defence which lost ten goals against the OF in eight league games last season. I think we may struggle to match that this season.

We’re gonna struggle to get 8 games against the OF for a start…

Spoiler

Thank f*ck

7 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Tbf, I doubt they're just running laps. 

Well obv not but still actually thinking of taking a run down to St Andrews just to check... I mean feel like I cant really be surprised by a lot up there now.

12 hours ago, This Charming Man said:

Fair comment my man, he had a number of decent early saves and was afforded little or no protection throughout.

I, against my better judgement watched Jack Hamilton at Dens leaving a scorch mark on my memory banks. Now he could truly single-handedly, excuse the pun, consistently end your gameplan before anyone was even warmed up! 

Regards.

I believe that Joel Pereira watched Hamilton play then asked him to hold his pint on numerous occasions.

2 hours ago, Hendo said:

….  Dont agree though that JR is the worst manager in the league, still think he's decent though not as good as he thinks he is. It's certainly a surprise to see how shambolic they appear to be just now.

It must be close between Ross and Lee Johnson in the “worst manager in the league” race. Jack probably just edging it.