The Dundee United Thread 22/23

17 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

You'd better hope the owner has deep pockets, going to take a load of cash to fix this clusterfuck. IMO.

He’s also got that golf course outside St Andrews to deal with. Two money pits 13 miles apart. Not a very good businessman imo.

thank you.

On 18/02/2021 at 15:41, mishtergrolsch said:

Considering Robbie the Jobbie couldn't mastermind regular victories against part time teams with an incredibly similar squad, I dread to think what hed be like up against SPFL mainstays such as Ross County, Motherwell and the Fermers.

This aged well

26 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Since beating AZ, we’ve lost 5 in a row by an aggregate of 24-1. 

The team is clearly missing a defensive midfielder, but we’re not going to sign one.

But aye, let’s give him a few more games and see if he can turn it round.

The first step is solving a problem is recognising that the problem exists. Ross’s failure to admit that we need a DM in the Butcher/Fuchs mould is a glaring failure and calls into question his judgment.

I’m not suggesting that buying a player like that will solve all our problems, it won’t, but it’s definitely a serious issue that the coach should have identified and be working to address.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The first step is solving a problem is recognising that the problem exists. Ross’s failure to admit that we need a DM in the Butcher/Fuchs mould is a glaring failure and calls into question his judgment.

I’m not suggesting that buying a player like that will solve all our problems, it won’t, but it’s definitely a serious issue that the coach should have identified and be working to address.

The only other explanation is hes been informed that hes getting no more dosh and the party line from Fat Tony is that "we're happy with the squad, Jack".

Either explanation is pretty worrying imo.

1 minute ago, mishtergrolsch said:

The only other explanation is hes been informed that hes getting no more dosh and the party line from Fat Tony is that "we're happy with the squad, Jack".

Either explanation is pretty worrying imo.

Well, this.

I still have no idea how the recruitment works at Tannadice.

Some transparency on it would be nice.

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I see this Butcher/Fuchs thing a lot, and while I agree getting a CDM in the door would be no bad thing, we played a fair chunk of last season with neither of them available to us (Fuchs sold in January, Butcher either dropped, suspended or sent to Coventry)

28 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

Goodness knows if it is or not, but that is the rumour. Mulgrew,Watt and Clark laughing about at halftime warm up hasn't gone down well with some of the support.

There is something very rotten at the heart.of the playing side of the club at the moment. Never seen so many allegedly professional players, look like they have given up, chucked it and can't be arsed as you see in the park at the moment. No mattter who yout boss is and whether you like him or not professional pride comes into it and you still do your best. Not really finding anyone who fits that bill to be honest. That us not absolving Ross of his mistakes.

There lies a bigger problem.  If you bring in a new manager do you allow Watt and Mulgrew to remain at the club and just pretend it didn’t happen?  Neither player is as good as they appear to think they are.  Again though, it would take a fair bit of money to get them both out the door.

Personally i'm surprised how quickly this has unravelled. You looked pretty decent at home to AZ, and had made some decent signings like Levitt and Fletcher. Most of the players were there last year and finished 4th, and last season were mostly not that easy to break down.

This may be an unpopular opinion, i'd stick with Ross and get rid of the aging players in your squad like Mulgrew and Clark and ones with dubious personalities like Watt. 

Edited by Hendo