The Dundee United Thread 22/23

4 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:
6 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:
24 conceded in 5 games who's the 'fun' now? You bunch of fucking clowns.
Thank you.

On balance, I would say it's the mid table Championship team

At this very moment it really isn't. 

Surely a Jack Ross has left the club by mutual consent statement is coming tomorrow morning.
The players are trying to get him sacked, the club surely can’t keep this charade going.
Can they?

The manager is ultimately responsible for what happens on the park, but I’ll stick in the minority. I’m not calling for his head - not yet.

I’ve been part of teams who have collapsed when things went against us and part of teams that have fought for everything. Personally in a game like this - rightly or wrongly - I would’ve been kicking fcuk out of any oppo player I could get near. We had 1 booking today - in the 2nd minute.

Moulding a team takes time and I’m not convinced there’s anything that any new manager could do to stem the sort of collapse that has happened from the players on the pitch in recent weeks.

You could blame him for the players he’s brought in, but I (and many others) have been broadly happy with the recruitment.

So I’m at a loss. The performance at home to AZ was one of the best in many a year, and I want more of that - not the eye-bleeding fitba of the last few years.

But performances like today are unsustainable.

Thankfully we’ve got a league cup game in midweek to change our focus and then Motherwell next week.

The team needs to stand up over the next couple of games, or change will come. It’ll have to.

But please, for the love of God, get the chequebook out and sign a DM.

🙏

4 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

The manager is ultimately responsible for what happens on the park, but I’ll stick in the minority. I’m not calling for his head - not yet.

I’ve been part of teams who have collapsed when things went against us and part of teams that have fought for everything. Personally in a game like this - rightly or wrongly - I would’ve been kicking fcuk out of any oppo player I could get near. We had 1 booking today - in the 2nd minute.

Moulding a team takes time and I’m not convinced there’s anything that any new manager could do to stem the sort of collapse that has happened from the players on the pitch in recent weeks.

You could blame him for the players he’s brought in, but I (and many others) have been broadly happy with the recruitment.

So I’m at a loss. The performance at home to AZ was one of the best in many a year, and I want more of that - not the eye-bleeding fitba of the last few years.

Thankfully we’ve got a league cup game in midweek to change our focus and then Motherwell next week.

The team needs to stand up over the next couple of games, or change will come. It’ll have to.

🙏

Cloud fucking cuckoo land.

4 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

It doesn't even matter at this stage whose fault it is. There's no way back from 9.

We cannae sack players, so it looks like the manager takes the brunt. We left after either the 5th or 6th goal today, we were so badly set up that many of the goals looked almost the same.

When we heard it had reached 9 (Nine) I asked my son if he'd accept a ten goal defeat if it meant Jack Ross resigned. That's how disillusioning the last few weeks have been.

Edited by Dundee Hibernian

10 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

🙏

Red dotting all and sundry then coming away with this. Come on now lad surely you can see the games up. 

Do the right thing Jack and resign. 

8 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Red dotting all and sundry then coming away with this. Come on now lad surely you can see the games up. 

Do the right thing Jack and resign. 

I predominantly red-dot folk for being precious about being red-dotted.

Edited by ArabFC