The Dundee United Thread 22/23

Just skimmed the last few pages. What a fcuking shambles.
Ross may end up getting sacked sooner or maybe later, but the notion of doing so after four league games is fcuking insane!
Killie was a fair enough performance for a team just scraped together.
Livi was clearly the players having eyes on AZ.
And the last two are horrendous but the players confidence has fairly obviously been shot by THAT result. It’ll take time to turn that around.
Wanting the manager sacked before September? You’re all quite quite mad.

I can't really be arsed looking, but I bet there will be people on here who wanted the manager sacked after one league game last season.

18 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

True.

He was one game away from getting Sunderland promoted and one game away from being a complete legend for Hibernian though so it really is fine margins. 

And Fergie was apparently one game away from being punted from Man U and we know what happened next!  

We can but hope Ross can emulate Fergie.

P.S. that last line is NOT to be taken seriously.  

Edited by hk blues

When is the last time you heard a manager saying , yes the results  are poor and I'm not the man to turn it around , so I'm going.

It never happens they all say I will turn it around etc etc,

Am I surprised at the results ? Yes  but do I think Ross will go willingly no chance

4 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Stephen Robinson and Stuart McCall did at Motherwell. Possibly Graham Alexander too but not in public.

That is very true but not after two months only. All of the above bailed out but only after being successful and delivering on initial expectations from Motherwell board and to an extent the fans.

If Ross did similar that would be very damaging to his reputation. Things got a bit ropey so I bailed out at the 1st opportunity. 

1 hour ago, Willie adie said:

When is the last time you heard a manager saying , yes the results  are poor and I'm not the man to turn it around , so I'm going.

It never happens they all say I will turn it around etc etc,

Am I surprised at the results ? Yes  but do I think Ross will go willingly no chance

I think Paul Hartley said as much but didn't pull the trigger and waited for the BoD to fire him.  

I may have completely made that up though.

Took us 6 games to get our first win, then we lost our next 2, and we still finished comfortably 7th, just missing out on the top 6 too, i remember some Livi fans wanting Martindale punted too. Think County were even worse than us to get going last season as well, and they made the top 6. Long way to go yet and anything can happen.

The first league win is a weight round a manager's neck though, the longer it goes on the pressure builds. Clubs are far too quick to sack managers, and fans are the worst for wanting instant success, isn't a job i envy anyone taking.

1 hour ago, Sarto Mutiny said:
3 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:
Probably chatter from yesterday. 
Interesting the players are in the paper taking ownership of the issues. 

That's just spin. They were never likely to say anything else. Whatever is going on behind the scenes

Whatever is going on needs sorted out regardless of who is at fault.

Draw a line and move on. Easy to say, I know, but the fans need to see a performance at the very least or there will be some major pelters from the stands coming.  They will be broadcast to the entire playing and management staff regardless of what the issues are.

I didn't like the appointment of Ross at the time and nothing I have seen so far has really proven me wrong (even the home game against AZ doesn't even count in my head anymore due to the shambles away), but barring at Clough at Leeds-esque fall out with the players no manager is going to get sacked this early. He will get more time.