The Dundee United Thread 22/23

27 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I'm really not sure it is.

6 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I clearly know Morton are a worse team than you seem to.

A point away in a league we want to be winning isn't to be sniffed at. It's not great, but it's not exactly bad either.

Certainly better than getting pumped 0-3 at home by likely lower half fodder when you previously had aspirations of finishing in the top 6.

21 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

A point away in a league we want to be winning isn't to be sniffed at. It's not great, but it's not exactly bad either.

Certainly better than getting pumped 0-3 at home by likely lower half fodder when you previously had aspirations of finishing in the top 6.

Fair enough.

TBH, I've already spent more of my Sunday night than I was expecting debating which underperforming Dundee side is underperforming the hardest, so happy to take your word for it.

14 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

The likely is a bit unnecessary given that it's St. Mirren you're talking about.

Edited by captainkev

11 hours ago, Drooper said:

Jack Ross' most successful period in management was with St Mirren in the 2nd tier of Scottish football.

For me, it is absolutely no coincidence that the upturn in our form under Ross featured the arrival of Steven McGinn. McGinn was a leader on the pitch. He was passionate, committed, and provided coherence.  That was at least as significant as anything Ross contributed.

Without McGinn, St Mirren would have been relegated. Without McGinn, we would not have won the league the following year. 

Oh, and there is the small matter of Lewis Morgan being the best player in that division by a considerable stretch.

To a great extent, the stars aligned for Ross back then. His biggest mistake was not cutting his teeth in the top league with Saints. He believed the hype, and it has backfired spectacularly 

Three cup finals and a third place finish with Hibernian bottom of the league when he came in was pretty successful.

Jack Ross is a good manager.  Needs time for his side to come good. 

9 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

I'm really not sure it is.

Take a peek at the respective reactions from 'Dee and Utd fans over Saturday's results and tell me there isn't a gaping chasm of a difference.  That should clarify things for you.

It just shows you how far both Dundee sides have fallen if the debate is between which is worse; being beaten easily by a better team in a higher league, or struggling to beat a poor team in a lower league when the club has the sorts of financial disparity in that league that the OF have in the premiership.

They are both terrible for your clubs, lads, you are both trying to polish a turd.

3 minutes ago, Ric said:

It just shows you how far both Dundee sides have fallen if the debate is between which is worse; being beaten easily by a better team in a higher league, or struggling to beat a poor team in a lower league when the club has the sorts of financial disparity in that league that the OF have in the premiership.

They are both terrible for your clubs, lads, you are both trying to polish a turd.

There is no debate.