The Dundee United Thread 22/23

Forgot to mention last night. The two Ugandan boys were sitting with the academy lads so would expect to see them both sign at some point in the near future. 

Eta, Mochrie away on loan to The Pars. 

Edited by ArabianKnight

7 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I hope he makes a hobbit of touches like that.

I’m not even sorry.

He does have one Elf of a touch.

We're going to be getting £3 Silmamillion for him if he puts in many more performances like last night. 

I could go on but I don't want banned.

1 hour ago, Pull My Strings said:

There's like zero chance he's still playing for us next season - if we keep him till the end of this season I'll be fcuking delighted.

No idea how much money we'll get for him, but it won't be enough!

What I like about Levitt is that he doesn’t just pick the easy pass to keep the team in possession (like certain other midfielders past and present), he seems to have a clear picture of where his teammates are and will make a half turn or faint in order to play a positive pass. Excellent work by the club to get him back, gutted that it’s a 2 year deal purely on resale value as he will undoubtedly have admirers going forward. 

5 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

:lol:

I'm sure it was one of your lot that had said it. It might have been before their game against Tuzla (?) though.

Nothing tough about you winning, I wished you all the best before kick off. 

I still think AZ will see the tie out quite easily, though.

Fair enough.

No denial of the big team accusation, I notice… :whistle

;)

1 hour ago, mishtergrolsch said:

He does have one Elf of a touch.

We're going to be getting £3 Silmamillion for him if he puts in many more performances like last night. 

I could go on but I don't want banned.

Yeah when folk start puns like this they have a tendency to dragon.

Great progress has been made, when we consider last night was United's first European tie for a long while. Looking back, 6 years ago the opening League game in the Championship saw a 1-1 draw with QoS at Tannadice with Nick van der Velden scoring, 4 years past a defeat at Tannadice to the Pars (2-3, Aird and Clark with our goals). 

I never considered we'd ever be back playing in Europe when I sat watching these and similar dismal games over the past few years. 

11 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Some of them aren't confident

Hide contents

In Alkmaar it also feels like a home game for those guys and an away game for us when 2000 Scots come to our tame, good citizen stadium with 40 singing supporters. Well good luck

Browsed one of their forums. A few comments of how they enjoyed the game even though they lost because of the amazing atmosphere.

Probably goes to show how they might not ‘want it’ quite as much as we do, which can only help.

You could make the case that the 2010 -13 teams were a more talented group (although in some positions now its certainly arguably the current squad are just as good).

However you can tell Mulgrew, Watt, Levitt and Fletcher have played in top leagues, in big European games and international football.

Definitely more savvy than those teams in the 2010s

Edited by invergowrie arab

55 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

You could make the case that the 2010 -13 teams were a more talented group (although in some positions now its certainly arguably the current squad are just as good).

However you can tell Mulgrew, Watt, Levitt and Fletcher have played in top leagues, in big European games and international football.

Definitely more savvy than those teams in the 2010s

I notice you sensibly stopped at 2013. On the radio last night they were declaring this the best team since the 90s which was a little wild!

But, then imagine that 2014 team with Fletcher up top, Levitt in Paton's place and Mulgrew instead of Gunning. 

Oh the sex!