The Dundee United Thread 22/23

10 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Good performance from United, though i thought Alkmaar played like they thought they could just stroll through it most of the night which definitely helped.

Was this not like their first pre season game?

I remember being asked after the Hibs semi in 2005 if I wanted Celtic or Hearts in the final and I said Celtic.

Everyone else in the pub looked at me like I had two heads. Why would you want a harder team to play in the final?

Because Celtic meant we automatically qualified for Europe.

And I'll always stand by that. Europe for me is everything as a United fan - my first ever game at Tannadice was against Man Utd in the UEFA Cup.

There's no other nights that can compare to a European night under the floodlights at Tannadice. Unless you're playing Mypa.

10 hours ago, FIFE ARABIAN said:

Fletcher outstanding in his craft and looks 25.

Amazing what a hair weave can do. He looked about 40 when he was 20.

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

United will definitely be challenging Hearts for 3rd this season IMO.  They've made some great signings.

That was my main thought after watching last night's game.

Looked excellent last night, the quality in that spine of Mulgrew, Levitt and Fletcher will make such a difference. Watt and Middleton is good balance on the wings as well. Thought Fletcher would be a very good target man at this level, and still don't expect him to score a lot, but was very surprised and impressed with how much and quickly he got about the park. Still think you could do with a more holding midfielder as it doesn't look too balanced in there and I doubt you want Harkes to be starting much but the team's looking excellent. Ross will have times like last weekend where he loses points from a 1 goal lead, and it'll rarely be especially pretty, but if he can keep your key players fit you'll push Hearts further than us or Aberdeen imo. 

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

A simple no would have been fine, you didn't all have to embarrass him with the facts.

He's had a tough week with us winning last night, and his big team getting pumped on Tuesday

:lol:

I'm sure it was one of your lot that had said it. It might have been before their game against Tuzla (?) though.

Nothing tough about you winning, I wished you all the best before kick off. 

I still think AZ will see the tie out quite easily, though.

2 hours ago, ArabFundamentalist said:

I'd had about 10 pints and thought McGrath backheeled it.

Who do you support?

I support the winning team. Last night it was Dundee Utd. My daily id Forfar.