The Dundee United Thread 22/23

2 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I've never been convinced by his protestations.

Please keep the religious pish out of football. 

What a performance. What a result. Delighted we're going over there with something to defend and think AZ were very poor, however I still think itll be curtains for the European dream. They'll step us a gear or three but tonight is one of those nights that are very few and far between.

3 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Well played Tony Ashgar (getting a bit embarrassing for the hate mob now).

Levitt to Middleton to McGrath,. back to Middleton for the goal. All new signings.

Aye, tell you what, hes pulled a few cracking signings out the bag. Thank f**k hes finally picked a decent manager to put them all together properly.

Great team performance and a cracking goal.

Really impressed with Sibbald so far, think the only reason he came off was because he was on a yellow.

Would like to see McGrath start instead of Harkes as Sibbald seems to offer a bit more defensively.

1 minute ago, ArabFC said:

Not often I admit this, but my doubts about Sibbald were way off the mark. Excellent tonight.

Thought he was excellent. Assume he was only subbed because of the booking.

Someone mentioned that last time United won a two-legged European tie they won 17-0?!

I was also thinking at half-time that (notwithstanding the nervous first 10min) that this was the best football we’d played in years.

Folk can get fixated just on results, but even though we finished 4th last year, some of our actual play made my eyes bleed.

Sure we’ve signed some better players, but the fact we were actually attempted to pass it around a Dutch side made me damn happy! Under Courts we would have witnessed hoofball tonight.

6 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Thought he was excellent. Assume he was only subbed because of the booking.

Someone mentioned that last time United won a two-legged European tie they won 17-0?!

CE Principat of Andorra.

Sandro Rosell, who subsequently became President of Barcelona, played up front for them

2 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

I was also thinking at half-time that (notwithstanding the nervous first 10min) that this was the best football we’d played in years.

Folk can get fixated just on results, but even though we finished 4th last year, some of our actual play made my eyes bleed.

Sure we’ve signed some better players, but the fact we were actually attempted to pass it around a Dutch side made me damn happy! Under Courts we would have witnessed hoofball tonight.

I thought the crowd definitely reacted to the performance tonight. Hearing the crowd cheer the team on midway through the 1st half in recognition that we were growing into the game was such a refreshing change given how venomous Tannadice has been at times in the last few years.

9/10's all over the park except Harkes. Smith was also a bit off the pace.

Fletcher outstanding in his craft and looks 25.

Watt absolutely superb. Knows his strengths and was a total nuisance.

Levitt absolutely effortlessly class. I noticed tonight he barely speaks on the pitch, just goes about his Wizardry with minimal fuss and yet again showed we're incredibly lucky to have him.

Edwards and Mulgrew incredible. Not just physically but their positioning was top drawer.

Sibbald very clever and technically very good.

Middleton a great signing, especially happy it's a 3 year deal.

McGrath in for Harkes next week and probably Behich for Sheep, however Sheep was superb as well tonight. 

Edited by FIFE ARABIAN