The Dundee United Thread 22/23

33 minutes ago, FIFE ARABIAN said:

Personally I think it's a great signing. I think United have a list of players that they are waiting to become available and can only conclude those signings when they're told they can.

I think this is why Gogic hasnt signed. I think Utd could have secured him weeks ago but are waiting for their number one defensive midfield target to become available.

I think you are living in vain hope there. 

Personally I'm starting to get a bit concerned about our approach to signings. The other day there's some pish in the papers about TA and BG saying Duffy should be pushing on this season and we sign another LB to push him further down the pecking order. 

15 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

I think you are living in vain hope there. 

Personally I'm starting to get a bit concerned about our approach to signings. The other day there's some pish in the papers about TA and BG saying Duffy should be pushing on this season and we sign another LB to push him further down the pecking order. 

Maybe McMann will be the third wheel here? Wouldn’t be against this, I think he masks a lot of defensive and positional weaknesses with loads of commitment and some strong tackling.

54 minutes ago, FIFE ARABIAN said:

Personally I think it's a great signing. I think United have a list of players that they are waiting to become available and can only conclude those signings when they're told they can.

I think this is why Gogic hasnt signed. I think Utd could have secured him weeks ago but are waiting for their number one defensive midfield target to become available.

Was told at the Northampton bounce game from a backroom staff member that Ross isn't and hasn't been interested in signing Gogic 

53 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

Maybe McMann will be the third wheel here? Wouldn’t be against this, I think he masks a lot of defensive and positional weaknesses with loads of commitment and some strong tackling.

Yeah I don't think he's particularly amazing but he's a solid committed player. His first few games he really hit the ground running but I did expect a bit more in terms of assists and attacking. 

McMann is a solid mid-table full back and plenty of backup there.

So room to improve, sure, but meanwhile we don't have solid mid-table defensive midfielder and had Harkes playing in the no.10 role at Fleetwood.

Priorities innit? Maybe United have players lined up - I hope so.

Edited by ArabFC

I don't think Ross has prioritised signing a left back over attacking players, it's more a case of the left back being ready to sign his contract.

I don't think we should be worried by the lack of signings. The business we've done so far has been excellent and I firmly believe the budget exists to bring on another two or three quality players, otherwise we definitely wouldnt have signed a left back and instead spend the last few pennies on a midfielder.

I'm not too worried, the signings so far have all been good ones, and if the Aussie left back is an improvement on McMann I don't think anyone will complain. As long as we sign the right players and don't get rushed into anything.

We really could do with a number 10 though.

3 hours ago, FIFE ARABIAN said:

I don't think Ross has prioritised signing a left back over attacking players, it's more a case of the left back being ready to sign his contract.

I don't think we should be worried by the lack of signings. The business we've done so far has been excellent and I firmly believe the budget exists to bring on another two or three quality players, otherwise we definitely wouldnt have signed a left back and instead spend the last few pennies on a midfielder.

2 hours ago, PartyFears2 said:

The new guy has played left wing too 

1 hour ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

I'm not too worried, the signings so far have all been good ones, and if the Aussie left back is an improvement on McMann I don't think anyone will complain. As long as we sign the right players and don't get rushed into anything.

We really could do with a number 10 though.

<Three weeks later>

What the f**k is Ross thinking about???

10 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

<Three weeks later>

What the f**k is Ross thinking about???

A month til the transfer window shuts. I think we've enough to get positive results against Killie, Livingston and St Mirren. I don't think anyone can say we're not stronger than last season (squad and manager wise) so let's not fret. If we're going to finish 5th or higher we can afford to be patient.

2 minutes ago, FIFE ARABIAN said:

A month til the transfer window shuts. I think we've enough to get positive results against Killie, Livingston and St Mirren. I don't think anyone can say we're not stronger than last season (squad and manager wise) so let's not fret. If we're going to finish 5th or higher we can afford to be patient.

I’m not being serious.  I’m happy with where we are so far.*

* I may revisit that after the final whistle on Saturday.