The Dundee United Thread 22/23

1 hour ago, ArabFC said:

Ross keeps stating that we are 'significantly short' of players, which disheartens me.

Obviously many are kids, but going by wiki we have 30 players in the first team squad.

If we're signing players just so we have two senior players defaulted in every position, that is a huge waste of resources imho.

There are a couple of key positions we need to fill with quality - a defensive midfielder being top of the list.

I'd be amazed if Jack Ross is willing to spend his time trying to bring through youth players 

Watson is a "forward" ie plays between wing and striker. 

The finnish keeper was really highly rated. I don't think there's an issue with his ability and I've not heard anything either way from folk at the club about whether he's bad or good. 

31 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

This Finnish keeper is going to be honky tonk isnt he? 🙈

I'm holding out hope he's decent. My Malmo supporting pal said he's good and a lot of Swedish people agreed on twitter. 

I think he's maybe not settled properly yet, let's see how he gets on during the pre season. 

1 hour ago, Twinkle said:

This Finnish keeper is going to be honky tonk isnt he? 🙈

Don't see why. Just seems the same crap that was said about Niskanen while we waited for his work permit. The amount of times I read from those supposedly ITK,.but lets.face know diddly squat, that he couldn't kick his own arse was unbelievable.

13 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

Don't see why. Just seems the same crap that was said about Niskanen while we waited for his work permit. The amount of times I read from those supposedly ITK,.but lets.face know diddly squat, that he couldn't kick his own arse was unbelievable.

Niskanen is shite so they were correct in that regard. 

3 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

I'd be amazed if Jack Ross is willing to spend his time trying to bring through youth players 

I'm sure he said on Sportsound in the last week or so that thats something he'll be looking to do but did say he won't just be throwing them in either, need to be good enough etc etc etc. I'm sure he indicated its kinda part of the expectations from the club? 

Dundee United fans, did I remember that right?

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

Sibbald in Spain on the pre season trip. Scot Burns saying 2 year deal agreed. 
I hope to f**k this guy is over his health issues cause this might bite us on the arse. 
Gamble you take for not a lot of money out the budget? Won't demand a big wage

I’m looking forward to the season starting so we can put all this speculation behind us.  I’m largely happy with the signings to date and based on what’s happened I have a degree of confidence that by the time the season starts we will have a decent, balanced squad.

8 minutes ago, Big Shedboy said:

Sibbald confirmed 

He'll have my support, as anyone pulling on the tangerine will,. I just question the signing as being necessary and an upgrade on what is currently available in the squad. Hopefully he proves me wrong.