The Dundee United Thread 22/23

20 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Nothing against United.  But this all reminds me off the Boyle Motherwell years. Spunk a LOT of cash on players past their best and hope it comes together. I hope your owner has deep pockets….

But we're not spunking a lot of cash. The wages to income will have fallen last season due to paying customers back in the grounds, and league prize money. Squad will be smaller this season. This coming season we'll go into it with our highest season ticket sales in over a decade. We have the.Shankland money, Fuchs money (and potentially fuchs sell on fee). 

Edited by Tannadeechee

29 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Nothing against United.  But this all reminds me off the Boyle Motherwell years. Spunk a LOT of cash on players past their best and hope it comes together. I hope your owner has deep pockets….

18 players out, 3 in. Hardly an exercise in profligacy.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

skeptical meshach taylor GIF

Losses have been coming down eaxh year from 2019-2021. That included the Mellonball year with no fans in the stadium. The money received in the Premiership is far higher than the Championship and even with the high wage to turnover our wage bill was similalr to Motherwell. We have more ST sales, higher ave attendance than Motherwell. We have lost 18 players from our squad, some of which were higher earners. We're replacing those 18 with promoted youth and some quality signings to bring the squad to a manageable 1st team squad, adding in the league position last year, player sales, your losses should have shrunk further.

Next year should again bring the losses down with ST sales and hopefully (with some luck) a couple of Euro games, decent cup run and league position should keep it heading the correct way.

3 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

We have lost 18 players from our squad, some of which were higher earners. 

Who were these? 

Siegriest and MacDonald (one of whom was only there for about 3 months)?

9 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

That is some signing by United. With the greatest of respect to Utd, what the hell is he doing back there? 2 year deal means if you want to cash in, you get a year of him at best, but miles better than a loan etc.

Fortunate timing I guess.

If the World Cup hadn’t been given to Qatar or the Welsh hadn’t have qualified he may have went somewhere else.

But he knows his performances have been noticed and he knows he’s guaranteed a game so this is the banker move for this key point in time for him.

Edited by ArabFC