The Dundee United Thread 22/23

5 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Keeper 

Freeman Edwards Graham McMann

Gogic McGrath Levitt

Shankland   Fletcher   Watt

Fucking winning the league lads 😂

And that's without the Ugandan lads and Fulhams young maestros 

Saw Fletcher play for Stoke towards the end of last season. Coming back up here isn’t suddenly going to make him be able to run again and he is likely to spend half the season injured. This looks like a massive gamble and possibly a serious waste of money. 

1 hour ago, Baldie1980 said:

fletcher 3 goals last season,hes on the way down,wonder what your paying him per week

He’s scored 5 or less goals multiple times in a season throughout his career, but he drives a Lamborghini because he’s been a fcuking good player and goals aren’t everything.

I’d expect him to be a 10-15 goal guy at this level, but it’s his all-round game that will add so much to our team.

4 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

He’s scored 5 or less goals multiple times in a season throughout his career, but he drives a Lamborghini because he’s been a fcuking good player and goals aren’t everything.

I’d expect him to be a 10-15 goal guy at this level, but it’s his all-round game that will add so much to our team.

🤣

Shame.

15 minutes ago, Drewmc said:

Saw Fletcher play for Stoke towards the end of last season. Coming back up here isn’t suddenly going to make him be able to run again and he is likely to spend half the season injured. This looks like a massive gamble and possibly a serious waste of money. 

Played 38 times for Stoke last season all of a sudden made of glass 😭

14 minutes ago, Drewmc said:

He played 40 times for Stoke lalst season & 42 times season before. Doesn't read like someone with any sort of injury problems. Never been a fan of Fletcher so I'll see how he plays, but spending " half the season injured" doesn't seem to be any more likely than any other player.

He does seem to be brought here as someone to hold the play up and give some badly missing aerial ability up top rather than anything approching nimble, tricky striker with pace.

24 minutes ago, Drewmc said:

Nothing against United.  But this all reminds me off the Boyle Motherwell years. Spunk a LOT of cash on players past their best and hope it comes together. I hope your owner has deep pockets….

I'm off for a cold shower lads. Its all a bit much for me. Two signings in close proximity, two internationals and two boys that'll have us in the group stages of the Champs League next season.

Tony, I'm almost willing to consider you might actually know what you're doing. Nearly.

5 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Nothing against United.  But this all reminds me off the Boyle Motherwell years. Spunk a LOT of cash on players past their best and hope it comes together. I hope your owner has deep pockets….

The cash we have spunked so far isn't even the difference in prize money we got from finishing above Motherwell.

5 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

The cash we have spunked so far isn't even the difference in prize money we got from finishing above Motherwell.

Levitt world cup appearance fees.

Harry Souttar sell on fee.

Trevor Carson pennies.

Lewis Neilson compo.

f**k the haters.