The Dundee United Thread 22/23

14 hours ago, FIFE ARABIAN said:

Listened to the Twa Teams podcast and they made a very good point.

United will be looking for game changing signings and there'll be a few who have only returned to training in England this week (they have a later return than Scotland) and will be now in the process of discussing their futures.

It's highly likely that united could have made a few signings already but they would have been low hanging fruit. United will be playing the waiting game to get quality through the door.

On the subject of paying 300k plus for Levitt it's a no brainer, particularly as United would receive a fee for every game he plays in at the World Cup.

That's an optimistic way to spin it I suppose.  

42 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

The folk who have been moaning about the new strip not being available can then turn their full attention to complaining about the lack of signings.

One thing I have never been able to understand is grown adults complaining about the strip not being released before they go on holiday.  Not for kids, but for them.

I appreciate celtic fans treat them as a second skin when abroad but for supposedly normal folk, I do not get the urge to cut about all the time in a football top.

6 minutes ago, Aladdin said:

One thing I have never been able to understand is grown adults complaining about the strip not being released before they go on holiday.  Not for kids, but for them.

I appreciate celtic fans treat them as a second skin when abroad but for supposedly normal folk, I do not get the urge to cut about all the time in a football top.

Well, who could blame you given your team's colours?

1 hour ago, Aladdin said:

I buy one top a decade on average so not among this lot, however, it must have an impact on sales when you finally release a short sleeve top in November!