The Dundee United Thread 22/23

5 hours ago, wardy83 said:

JR said after today's closed door match that he would hope to definitely have 1 in next week, but hopefully more

The sort of statement any manager would make at this point regardless of how business was going.

Genuinely pretty worried about our chances next season at this rate, everyone else has strengthened some more than others but I feel our squad is miles behind Hearts and Aberdeen currently and we should be positioning ourselves at that level. 

You think? They both have about double your resources surely?

1 hour ago, Ray Patterson said:

Considering United are probably going to nearly that for Neilson, and the millions on offer if we qualify for the European Groups, £300k is an absolute steal for a player like Levitt, although wages will probably be a sticking point.

Signing any player on the basis we could recoup the cost by qualifying for the group stage would be epically dumb.

That said, if true £300k would be a no-brainer. Can’t really believe they’d let him go for that.

I mean all going well we should have Levitt and Shankland coming back according to twitter today. Fletcher apparently also a done deal. 

Not entirely sure we would get all three but would be happy with any one of them at this stage. 

2 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

I mean all going well we should have Levitt and Shankland coming back according to twitter today. Fletcher apparently also a done deal. 

Not entirely sure we would get all three but would be happy with any one of them at this stage. 

If we get Levitt and Shankland back I’m going to stop referring to Fat Tony as Fat Tony.