The Dundee United Thread 22/23

1 hour ago, PartyFears2 said:

Non plussed re the Harkes new deal. 

ideally, we’d be cycling that Championship team out.

him, Smith, Pawlett, Clark.. is that pretty much what’s left? 

Don’t forget Connolly, still under contract for a year but no idea if we’ll see him back at Tannadice. 

Would be an excellent signing IMO. Must be a similar age to Mulgrew and like him has been playing at a level at least a notch above us for most of his career. 

You could see the impact Mulgrew had, would expect Fletcher to do the same. 

There must be a signing tomorrow ....

Not fussed about Harkes either, he is reasonably solid and seems to be a positive guy so worth keeping I guess.

Only reservation about Fletcher would be the wages he would want (Stoke - £13k p/w), have to feel ultimately you would get a similar return for much less that he will demand. Still excellent to have that level of experience around the young team but as to his character I have no idea. You have to think for a similar total package we could be signing someone who will actually have sell-on potential rather than another geriatric. Hopefully with contracts expired now we can start to see some good value business done.

Genuinely pretty worried about our chances next season at this rate, everyone else has strengthened some more than others but I feel our squad is miles behind Hearts and Aberdeen currently and we should be positioning ourselves at that level. 

Edited by DUFC_

48 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I can only assume we are targeting players who are playing in the World Cup, but nobody has told Tony that's not until Christmas this year

Well one of the players United are targeting who at the very least will be in a squad should be getting unveiled fairly shortly 👀

13 minutes ago, DUFC_ said:

Four weeks until we play Third Q Conference League. We don't have a GK.

I must have missed Carl Johan Eriksson leaving the club then 6 months into a 2.5 year contract.

He was brought to the club with Benji leaving in the summer.