The Dundee United Thread 22/23

1 hour ago, Tannadeechee said:

I don't think anyone is claiming CarlJohan Eriksson will be better

14 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

I expect The Finn to be the same if not better.

I have no opinion on Eriksson - unlike some I can't actually form an opinion until I see them play.

The point was fairly bloody obvious - on the balance of probabilities, given that Benji is one of the best keepers we've had in years, whoever follows him has big shoes to fill. Therefore, its wishful thinking that the next guy will be as good if not better.

I hope Eriksson is fantastic.

5 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

I have no opinion on Eriksson - unlike some I can't actually form an opinion until I see them play.

The point was fairly bloody obvious - on the balance of probabilities, given that Benji is one of the best keepers we've had in years, whoever follows him has big shoes to fill. Therefore, its wishful thinking that the next guy will be as good if not better.

I hope Eriksson is fantastic.

That's fair. Yes it is wishful thinking. Pedigree wiise, previous career to joining United Eriksson is at a higher level than Siegrist was when he joined, how he'll play and improve we don't know at United, only those that have seen him in training and watch Swedish football will have any idea.

As I said it wasn't aimed specifically at you, but some of the shite being spoken by folk trying to say they are ITK over Eriksson is ludicrous, nudge-nidge, wink-wink stuff, andnis the same nonsence said about Niskanen and others in the past.

10 minutes ago, CaspianChris said:

What's wrong with it?

I just thought last season's looked a bit more energetic; had a lot more pizazz.

ETA. It's not important. Just passing the time since we seem to be more concerned with signing up a large constituent part of the FTSE Aim All Share instead of players.

Edited by Alert Mongoose

1 hour ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I just thought last season's looked a bit more energetic; had a lot more pizazz.

ETA. It's not important. Just passing the time since we seem to be more concerned with signing up a large constituent part of the FTSE Aim All Share instead of players.

Maybe this new announcement regarding Kairos Sports internal communications app is so that the media team, management team and recruitment teaam can all be arranging new signings efficiently, clearly and quickly without errors!

10 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

Maybe this new announcement regarding Kairos Sports internal communications app is so that the media team, management team and recruitment teaam can all be arranging new signings efficiently, clearly and quickly without errors!

No, I think that's that new Japenese winger Kaizen we are in talks with.

18 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Both points sum it up for me, particularly the bit in bold. However Alexander left with Neilson, he wasn't sacked I dont think?

Nah he left/was sacked during pre-season when Courts came in.