The Dundee United Thread 22/23

Not sure how I feel about this. I had serious reservations about Courts when he was appointed and his early interviews were extremely uncomfortable. He's done a good job though and seemed to be growing into the role. Still very early days for him though and I don't think his CV is strong enough yet that he can easily afford to make such a change without running the risk of being out on his arse within a few months and back to square one.

Whoever comes in, I hope that they stick with the plan of having a Head Coach working within the structure rather than a manager who is going to want to change everything to suit his particular preferences.  Failing that, get Sir Craig back.

3 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

I wouldn't read too much into the fact that United have given permission to Courts to speak to Rejika, nor that local Croatian sources aren't including him in their speculation. If Rejika genuinely have some interest in Courts then it's likely to be alongside several other candidates and it would be properly mental for them to decide he's the man before they've even spoken with him and others. From Courts' side there's no harm in entertaining discussions, he's not obliged to go just because he's spoken with them. From United's side, similarly, it makes no sense to deny the guy the opportunity to explore other possibilities. 

People seem to be either jumping to the conclusion that he's definitely away just because he's spoken to them or he's definitely not involved in the process at all just because he's not included in media speculation in Croatia. The truth is almost certainly much more mundane and he's simply one of a number of possible candidates, some of whom have been identified in the Croatian media and some of whom haven't.

Do you want to edit this post again?

1 minute ago, Kempes said:

How would you all feel about having a Dundee fan as your new manager?

I personally couldn't give two fucks, but surely you don't consider Jack Ross a Dundee fan. I think an actual Dundee fan would have agreed to join them on one of the numerous occasions they've gone down on their knees and begged him.

15 minutes ago, coprolite said:

As not a Utd fan, Courts was a massive disappointment. He never delivered on his early banter potential and stopped speaking in management bs, then added salt to the wound by being relatively competent at football. Dick. 

As not a Utd fan you may take some solace in the fact that whilst the results may have been acceptable many of the performances made me want to cry.