The Dundee United Thread 22/23

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

I can't read this because it's behind the paywall, and frankly I'm not that bathered. But is this guy on the right side of the street?...

He does seem like the sort of guy we'd have had as a director in the past tbf. In fairness to our dayglo neighbours though he is at least at arms length so at worst they (and hibs) just dont get their sponsorship money...

Link below without the paywall

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thecourier.co.uk%2Ffp%2Fsport%2Ffootball%2Fdundee-united%2F3384051%2Fdundee-united-quinnbet-sean-quinn%2F%3Futm_source%3Dtwitter%26utm_medium%3Dsocial

So Tam Courts has apparently resigned from his post at Tannadice and Jack Ross is set to be appointed as replacement on Wednesday. 

Motherwell also interested in Callum Butcher apparently as well.

Those are the latest interesting rumours but who knows if there is any truth to them.

Is it not possible to have a summer without any such drama or is that too much to ask for.

23 minutes ago, CaspianChris said:

So Tam Courts has apparently resigned from his post at Tannadice and Jack Ross is set to be appointed as replacement on Wednesday. 

Motherwell also interested in Callum Butcher apparently as well.

Those are the latest interesting rumours but who knows if there is any truth to them.

Is it not possible to have a summer without any such drama or is that too much to ask for.

Can't be true, Mrs Ross wouldn't allow that 

25 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Love how everyone is reaching out to Scott Burns on twitter expecting a reply when the guys on holiday 😂

Only beaten by the Celtic fans starting "Next Scotland manager" polls and including Tam Courts.

Was it ever on in the first place? Looks like it may have been an approach from a 3rd party

Screenshot_2022-06-10-11-05-07-796_com.twitter.android.jpg.thumb.png.5351d7331aeebdd3d396b227a1f6a92e.png
Screenshot_2022-06-10-11-06-28-088_com.twitter.android.jpg.thumb.png.19cac10b24ad132781ef82320e1ed821.png

This guy is genuinely the wrongest person on the history of the Internet. I've literallly never seen him get a single thing right, so if he says it isn't happening then it probably is.

Couple of names being linked in the local Rijeka paper. Courts ain't one of them. Obviously I have no idea how accurate this story is. One of the guys linked is the national coach of Malta.

https://www.novilist.hr/sport/nogomet/hoce-li-prije-danasnjeg-pocetka-priprema-biti-objavljeno-ime-novog-trenera-rijeke/

Edited by clarky-1979

I wouldn't read too much into the fact that United have given permission to Courts to speak to Rejika, nor that local Croatian sources aren't including him in their speculation. If Rejika genuinely have some interest in Courts then it's likely to be alongside several other candidates and it would be properly mental for them to decide he's the man before they've even spoken with him and others. From Courts' side there's no harm in entertaining discussions, he's not obliged to go just because he's spoken with them. From United's side, similarly, it makes no sense to deny the guy the opportunity to explore other possibilities. 

People seem to be either jumping to the conclusion that he's definitely away just because he's spoken to them or he's definitely not involved in the process at all just because he's not included in media speculation in Croatia. The truth is almost certainly much more mundane and he's simply one of a number of possible candidates, some of whom have been identified in the Croatian media and some of whom haven't.

Edited by Pull My Strings

Interesting that the club have let him go without requesting any compensation.

I'd say weird, but the same thing happened with Mellon last year.

Is this the new normal? One season gaffers?

Anyway - not bothered he's gone - more worried by who might replace him.