The Dundee United Thread 22/23

2 hours ago, Finn Seemann said:

3.5 years at Southampton from the age of 16.  I think I am right here.  Granted the Johnnies will have contributed, but not sure we can take too much credit.

1 hour ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

As an important detail, during his time at Southampton, he was injured quite a bit, and spent a large amount of his development in the treatment room, convalescing and recovering.

Character building no doubt, but I expect the 300 odd minutes he turned out for Southampton's development side over 6 matches won't have given him the same experiences as he gained actively up to the age of 16 in Scotland, then back up here playing 50 plus games with United and loaned out to Peterhead as a 19 year old. 

His 20 international appearances have been as a young United player too.

Thank you @Dundee Hiberniansaved me the bother. 

1 hour ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

As an important detail, during his time at Southampton, he was injured quite a bit, and spent a large amount of his development in the treatment room, convalescing and recovering.

Character building no doubt, but I expect the 300 odd minutes he turned out for Southampton's development side over 6 matches won't have given him the same experiences as he gained actively up to the age of 16 in Scotland, then back up here playing 50 plus games with United and loaned out to Peterhead as a 19 year old. 

His 20 international appearances have been as a young United player too.

Point taken, but he must have still learned something and developed over those 3.5 years to then be able to be playing at the level he does at still quite a young age.  Granted he clearly didn't major on defensive duties at St Mary's 😉

17 hours ago, Steven W said:

I continue to find Glass' lack of involvement bizarre. The last time he played he came on as a late sub v Hibs scoring a wonder goal. A goal that involved running at, and driving at a defence - something never seen from the likes of Harkes, Levitt et al.

Since then zero minutes on the park despite being behind for the majority of the game v St. Mirren, an abject 120 minutes v Kilmarnock and trailing to or being level with Ross County until the 91st minute. This with a backdrop of being afforded the luxury of five subs in the St Mirren and RC games, yet still zero game time.

Not saying he's the answer, but our midfield is honking and quite why TC isn't even giving Glass an opportunity to come on as a sub is baffling to me.

Great win tonight, and maybe a slight improvement on the last few matches, but the majority of the second half was woeful.

Glass came on against St Mirren. Agree though. What’s happened to Watson too, injured? 

1 hour ago, Dunfermline Arab said:

Has Big Mad Nads faked a hammy injury so that St Johnstone cancel his contract and he can return "home"? 

This plus Biamou disappearing...could the stars be aligning?

I await a section of fans telling me he's a nutcase and has been shite everywhere bar United. And I don't give a flying f**k. The mad handsome b*****d must play in at least one more Dundee Derby for the big team.

Edited by mishtergrolsch

24 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

I await a section of fans telling me he's a nutcase and has been shite everywhere bar United. And I don't give a flying f**k. The mad handsome b*****d must play in at least one more Dundee Derby for the big team.

Heard he hugged the ref last night before kick off 🤣

47 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

22 minutes ago, Dunfermline Arab said:

Heard he hugged the ref last night before kick off 🤣

The 'Mad One' hugs the 'Madden'.

2 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:
46 minutes ago, locheedee said:

It's good to get some money for a player who checked out a good few weeks ago.

McDonald to replace him ?