The Dundee United Thread 22/23

13 hours ago, MacArab said:

Just what I was thinking too.

We’ve had more added to that board in the last few months than we have had in the last 5 years or so….

Can only be a good thing for United.

My cold, dead heart caused by the relegation and subsequent banter era is beginning to warm to a few players in the current squad. The new left back has been great so far as has Levitt to name a couple.

Im thinking about...well, not sure if I'm going to go that far, im almost willing to consider taking Tony Asghars pus off my dart board. Almost.

It will be removed either when we win a cup or finish top 4. That is my requirement.

On 09/10/2021 at 11:25, Mr. Alli said:

I remember the day Garry 'Kenza' Kenneth was being touted with a £10m move to Chelsea and thinking football couldn't become any more preposterous. It has, it's still lapped up and Kenza went on a freebie to Bristol. 

£10m? Christ. 

I was never aware it was that much. In fact, can’t remember a fee being mentioned at all. Where did you see that? 

Not seen it mentioned on here, but the United statement on Jeando Fuchs developments/investigations flies in the face of that released by the Staggies right after the 2nd October match, which had some United fans chastising Tam Courts and his anti-racism actions in the immediate aftermath of the game.

One aspect which may have been overlooked at the time: it may be that someone on the United bench heard the chants or comments too, as it is in closer proximity to the away areas. Nonetheless, it appears Ross County fans have been helpful in recognising something amiss occurred, and it's a pity County's management didn't communicate with them directly.

5 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Has anyone commenting on Harry Soutar’s market value even seen him play recently?

If so, why you watching Stoke? 🤷‍♂️

You don't need to.

Young guy, tall, plays in England for some random nobody team, plays International football and there's some rumour going about that hes played well a few times.

That in English football commands at least £15m.

6 hours ago, captainkev said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/must-read/ex-hearts-gaffer-craig-levein-left-wayward-player-locked-up-for-eight-hours-3417942%3famp

As much as they make a point of not saying which player it happened to, or his club; the player in question is Goodwillie right? 

I thought it may have been Swanson at first till I read the bit about battering two bouncers. Could really only be Goodie imo.

10 hours ago, captainkev said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/must-read/ex-hearts-gaffer-craig-levein-left-wayward-player-locked-up-for-eight-hours-3417942%3famp

As much as they make a point of not saying which player it happened to, or his club; the player in question is Goodwillie right? 

Was my first thought as well. Remember Levein having all sorts of bother with him. The bouncers pretty much confirms it.

On 10/10/2021 at 12:33, PartyFears2 said:

£10m? Christ. 

I was never aware it was that much. In fact, can’t remember a fee being mentioned at all. Where did you see that? 

I saw that as well. Think i read it in last weeks edition of 'Things that never happened'

13 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

I saw that as well. Think i read it in last weeks edition of 'Things that never happened'

The main transfer rumour around Kenneth that I recall was that we once knocked back something like £250k from Blackpool. Bit of a leap from there to £10million to Chelsea. 

I see Ross County have released another statement claiming no racist language was used towards Jeando.

Surely if the submission was made to the SFA/SPFL by United, any statement should have come from one of those parties rather than Ross County? 

2 hours ago, Futureboy said:

I see Ross County have released another statement claiming no racist language was used towards Jeando.

Surely if the submission was made to the SFA/SPFL by United, any statement should have come from one of those parties rather than Ross County? 

You would have thought so. Also seems contradictory with United submitting what they believe was corroborated evidence of a racial comment.

5 hours ago, Junior_Arab said:

The main transfer rumour around Kenneth that I recall was that we once knocked back something like £250k from Blackpool. Bit of a leap from there to £10million to Chelsea. 

He was looked at by Chelsea while still a teenager if I remember correctly. £10m fee, nah that's nonsense, no fee was ever spoken about that I can remember.

3 hours ago, Futureboy said:

From The Courier online

Ferguson’s statement said: “We have received confirmation from the authorities that there was no evidence of racist language being used.

“We now feel that Ross County & our supporters have been fully exonerated, and we can draw conclusion on this matter.

“A large amount of clear and precise evidence from a significant number of witnesses and sources within the Ross County support and from personnel outwith our club was reviewed by various parties including Police Scotland.

I’m trying to work out if the investigation has concluded and County have been informed and released this prior to an official statement.

Probably away to get destroyed for this but here goes. I posted up a page I got sent at whatever home game United had ( Maybe was the derby) where you are able to see every single person in the stadium. I presume this is not in place for the away end ? 

If whoever said this racist comment , surely with the technology you have should be able to track down what seat the person was in?

Or was it just for the one game this was in place ? Proof should be fairly straight forward if they knew the exact comment was made and exactly where it came from ? 

Just seems pretty mental as is this a first where we have no answer? Most cases usually somebody has been done and found out.